The Music Room > Composing and Performing

Quiz: Mystery scores

<< < (1160/1161) > >>

Luke:

--- Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on March 29, 2016, 07:22:42 AM ---If I had only printed it and taken it to the piano . . . . At this stage in my life and decades out of practice, my sight-singing and ear-training are for crap. It is "Isoldina" by Clement Doucet. He also "wrote," if that's the word, a "Chopinata" on themes like the Ab Polonaise, C# minor Waltz, and Fantasie Impromptu; and "Lisztonia," which begins with the 1st Piano Concerto and segues to the 2nd Hungarian Rhapsody. Also something more original called "Chicken Pie," doubtless to be served with a blanc fumé and avocado.

--- End quote ---

He did, and a Wagneria, too, which turns the Tannhauser Pilgrim's Chorus into another foxtrot, and syncopates Siegfried's horn call into a frenzy (among other things). He certainly wrote them, these pieces - after all, you've found all those scores - but if you listen to his recordings you will find that he is quite free with his own music (one for another thread, I think!). Charming froth - but charming, all the same, I think. Here's Isolde foxtrotting her way towards transfiguration....

http://www.youtube.com/v/uZ6V93WxYhU

k a rl h e nn i ng:

--- Quote from: Luke on March 29, 2016, 08:42:36 AM ---He did, and a Wagneria, too ....
--- End quote ---

Not Wagnerrhœa?

k a rl h e nn i ng:

--- Quote from: Luke on March 29, 2016, 08:42:36 AM ---http://www.youtube.com/v/uZ6V93WxYhU

--- End quote ---

That Isolde was quite the flapper!

listener:
some quick notes on my three on the previous page:
 2 yrs- is not by a South American, but is sort of relevant for for another week
 not Danish - might remind you of Ovsianniko-Kulkovsky
 not SS - not Saint-Saëns, but similar to a dance movement by him
I'll clear these up at the end of the month and come up with three more stinkers

listener:
clearance of my last three
BLISS: Prelude to The Olympians       IPPOITOV-IVANOV: Songs of Ossian    MAYUZUMI: Bacchanale

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version