Happy Thanksgiving!

Started by david johnson, November 24, 2021, 11:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david johnson

Happy Thanksgiving to all here :) I have begun the day working through the Dorati/LSO Tchaikovsky symphony recordings. The wife has made pumpkin pie using the pumpkins we grow. Come have a slice!

Brahmsian

Quote from: david johnson on November 24, 2021, 11:56:54 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all here :) I have begun the day working through the Dorati/LSO Tchaikovsky symphony recordings. The wife has made pumpkin pie using the pumpkins we grow. Come have a slice!

Happy Thanksgiving to you David. How lovely, I love pumpkin pie with whipped cream (the only thing I put a dab of whipped cream atop). Yummy 😋

Pohjolas Daughter

Happy Thanksgiving!

And, yum!  Would love to have a slice of your homemade pumpkin pie today!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Cato

Quote from: david johnson on November 24, 2021, 11:56:54 PM

Are those the Mercury recordings?   They were something else!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone here at GMG!

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

LKB

Happy Thanksgiving GMG'ers.  8)
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Mirror Image

Gobble, gobble to everyone!

P.S. I'm sorry, but I do not like pumpkin pie, but sweet potato pie is a favorite. I'll take a slice with whipped cream and a cup of coffee.

(poco) Sforzando

I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving. I have no surviving relatives in my area, so I will be celebrating by cooking my favorite recipe for Chinese fried rice (from Craig Claiborne's "Chinese Cookbook," it includes shrimp, Chinese sausage which I love, egg, fresh bean sprouts, peas, and scallions).

On Saturday I have a gathering with some local theater people, and I'll make several kinds of homemade bread - a crusty no-knead French-style boule, an Anadama bread made with molasses and cornmeal, and a slightly sweet pumpkin-cornmeal bread flavored with a bit of rum.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."