The Music Room > Name That Tune?

What is this mysterious piece?

(1/2) > >>

Rin:
Hi all!

There's this piece that I woke up with a few months ago. Then this week I found a lost SD card with a recording! For months I've been struggling to find its name and composer.

I'll be eternally grateful for the detective who can find it!

https://soundcloud.com/user-62132406/sphere?si=24a0d5b0511b46b5911d1b33e14375ff&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

MusicTurner:
Sorry, it doesn't ring a bell immediately, but there's perhaps-perhaps-perhaps a bit of Robert Schumann in it.

We'll see, hopefully.

Cato:

--- Quote from: MusicTurner on January 17, 2022, 10:10:05 AM ---Sorry, it doesn't ring a bell immediately, but there's perhaps-perhaps-perhaps a bit of Robert Schumann in it.

We'll see, hopefully.

--- End quote ---

I agree: I am not completely acquainted with the entire solo piano oeuvre, but the excerpt has the feel of Schumann.  Mendelssohn and Schubert also come to mind, perhaps even Dvorak.

Pohjolas Daughter:

--- Quote from: Rin on January 17, 2022, 09:21:52 AM ---Hi all!

There's this piece that I woke up with a few months ago. Then this week I found a lost SD card with a recording! For months I've been struggling to find its name and composer.

I'll be eternally grateful for the detective who can find it!

https://soundcloud.com/user-62132406/sphere?si=24a0d5b0511b46b5911d1b33e14375ff&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

--- End quote ---
I don't recognize it myself.  So, you had it on a SD card.  Where did you get the clip from?  Or did you not record any information?  Was it from a radio station (Pardon, but the sound quality is horrible...or maybe it's the recording or something else?).  Can you at least identify a date or any sources?

PD

Rin:

--- Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 17, 2022, 12:22:33 PM ---I don't recognize it myself.  So, you had it on a SD card.  Where did you get the clip from?  Or did you not record any information?  Was it from a radio station (Pardon, but the sound quality is horrible...or maybe it's the recording or something else?).  Can you at least identify a date or any sources?

PD

--- End quote ---

I think I recorded it myself. It's from February 2014. These are all the leads I have. Sorry for the horrible quality! The phones back then weren't that amazing  :laugh:
I can hear it's in G minor. Maybe that helps. I was thinking baroque period?

--- Quote from: MusicTurner on January 17, 2022, 10:10:05 AM ---Sorry, it doesn't ring a bell immediately, but there's perhaps-perhaps-perhaps a bit of Robert Schumann in it.

We'll see, hopefully.

--- End quote ---

Hmmmm. I've tried all his piano pieces in G minor - none of it that sounds/ looks similar. Thank you for the suggestion though!

--- Quote from: Cato on January 17, 2022, 10:42:38 AM ---I agree: I am not completely acquainted with the entire solo piano oeuvre, but the excerpt has the feel of Schumann.  Mendelssohn and Schubert also come to mind, perhaps even Dvorak.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your suggestions! But couldn't find anything in their repertoire that sounds/ looks similar. Or maybe I'm searching wrong (won't deny that possibility  ::) )

The other day I found this while scrolling through all the pieces in g minor from Pachelbel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TDj3Lmw5I4
The first 9 notes are the same! But the continuation is completely different... Must admit I made a little jump from happiness when hearing the first notes  ;D

The base sounds pretty harmonious to me - following the rules of harmony, almost like in counterpoint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version