The Music Room > Name That Tune?

What is this mysterious piece?

<< < (2/2)

Pohjolas Daughter:

--- Quote from: Rin on January 17, 2022, 02:13:49 PM ---I think I recorded it myself. It's from February 2014. These are all the leads I have. Sorry for the horrible quality! The phones back then weren't that amazing  :laugh:
I can hear it's in G minor. Maybe that helps. I was thinking baroque period?

--- End quote ---
  Did you record it off the radio?  If so, you might be able to find it on their play list if 1) they go back that far, 2) o.k., make this No. 1:  you remember which station it was played on, 3) any idea of time/date/day of week even?  If you only listen to that station on saturdays during the daytime...

Just some thoughts!  Good luck!

PD

Madiel:
I don't think it sounds at all like Schumann myself.

To be honest it sounds rather... basic. I wouldn't think it was by a major composer unless it was part of some pieces for children or similar. But even then... I just had a quick look at Mendelssohn's pieces for children op.72, because of the suggested composers I thought Mendelssohn was at least possible, and this piece is a lot more basic than that.

So I don't love anyone's chances of finding it. Because I think it's either a pretty simple children's piece that could have been written by a vast range of people, or else some more modern bit of pop-classical that... could have been written by a vast range of people.

Rinaldo:

--- Quote from: Madiel on January 18, 2022, 04:00:59 AM ---To be honest it sounds rather... basic. I wouldn't think it was by a major composer unless it was part of some pieces for children or similar.
--- End quote ---

My first thoughts exactly. Sounds like a modern day pop tune.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version