After Music, What Are Your Favorite Arts?

Started by Florestan, January 22, 2022, 09:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florestan

Mine are literature and painting, in order. Actually, literature has been my first love for years before I discovered music.  :)
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Brian

Literature and cooking. :)

Film, painting, photography, and architecture would be in the next level down. Dance is in last place for me.

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

(poco) Sforzando

Theater and visual arts. I am an amateur playwright as well as a frequent attendee at theatrical presentations (or at least I was until March 2020). I am also a modest art collector and an avid visitor to art museums. Also have an interest in film and dance.

I add cooking too. Favorite cuisines: virtually any, but Indian, French, Italian, and Spanish perhaps above all.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

vers la flamme

Literature, painting, film, architecture, bronze sculpture. Cool thread idea.

Mirror Image

Literature (poetry mainly), painting, film and photography.

amw

It's interesting to see the replies here. Classical music is my only interest, whether artistic or non-artistic, and really the only thing keeping me alive. Apparently that's actually pretty unusual.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Literature, painting, European movie, architecture, theatre, noh, kamishibai (picture story show), and Rakugo (traditional comic story).

Mandryka

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

vandermolen

Other than sculpture and painting I like cinema and literature.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

foxandpeng

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 23, 2022, 06:54:29 PM
Literature (poetry mainly), painting, film and photography.

What he said. Apart from the film bit.
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

ritter

Painting and literature (including the theatre, of course).

Sergeant Rock

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"