First composers obscure one before year 1000 or the 11th century?

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, January 22, 2022, 10:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

Ockay is it fair to know most people even musicologist don't know mutch about actual composer mostly monk has secular was not  sponsor by church, only prince could do so?

I only found of this era two Notker Balbulus, of different era and Ensemble mine is on Ordo Virtutum but want the one whit Ensemble Gilles DE Binchois and Dominique Vellard, kind of expensive to buy now darn because it's old from 1992, and like sold out, mostly, F it I will order the album.

There is also Adémar de Chabbanes Early New York Polyphony Frederick Renz, have this awesome album.

So my question, is quite clear, any other obscur monk composer  of this era we are talking that left any music interresting for the time, or traditional.

What about secularism Music Composer like prince  Carlo Gesualdo not sponsor by church wrote music  he want.
If sutch exist back than hey. Have a nice day folks, researcher, historiant, music-lover, expert advance-musicologists on ancient music prior to year 1000 Europa varius country.

Sorry I had to corrected detail I was in bananas...

Mandryka

I guess you mean between 999 and 1453. But what do you mean by "classical"?

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: Mandryka on January 22, 2022, 11:54:16 PM
I guess you mean between 999 and 1453. But what do you mean by "classical"?

I mean Monks  composers or monarch secularism before year 1000, Gregorian is classical  so is debut and Composer that Theorise Plain-chant before anyone else?

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Mandryka

Quote from: deprofundis on January 23, 2022, 12:07:03 AM
I mean Monks  composers or monarch secularism before year 1000, Gregorian is classical  so is debut and Composer that Theorise Plain-chant before anyone else?

Not by name - but I suggest you explore this by Sequentia

https://www.sequentia.org/programs/program07.html

And their Endzeitfragmente, both very good music IMO, in a grisly sort of way.

And for not Gregorian but not secular, try the Pérès/Organum CDs of Roman chant - e.g, the one called vêpres du jour de Pâques.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen