Which Mozart work is this an extract from?

Started by ON7AMI, February 04, 2022, 03:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ON7AMI

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me which Mozart work this is from? I've heard it several times but can't find it anymore and I would like to find the score.
Thank you in advance

Jean Paul Mertens

Madiel

I definitely recognise it but can't place it right now. Is it one of the piano concertos, maybe???
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

ON7AMI

Quote from: Madiel on February 04, 2022, 03:39:16 AM
I definitely recognise it but can't place it right now. Is it one of the piano concertos, maybe???

Madiel,

I have listened half of Spotify's piano concerto's, but still not found. I know it is piano work and it is playing sporadically on the national classic radio Klara where I heard it before.

JP

Madiel

Found it! Pretty sure.

It's the last movement of the piano sonata K533/494.

EDIT: Either that or it's the stand-alone version of K.494 "Rondo no.2". Apparently there are some differences between the original stand-alone version and how it goes in the sonata.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

ON7AMI

Quote from: Madiel on February 04, 2022, 03:53:18 AM
Found it! Pretty sure.

... it's the stand-alone version of K.494 "Rondo no.2". ...

Hey,

This one is it. Rondo in F major KV 474 - I downloaded the score and indeed there are some differences with the rondo from the sonate

Thanks a lot.
Jean Paul

Madiel

Excellent!

They might have been playing the Rondo because it appears on this recent album.