Author Topic: Hymnus Resurgam  (Read 1192 times)

Offline relm1

• Veteran member
Hymnus Resurgam
« on: February 18, 2022, 06:01:40 PM »
An excerpt of my Hymnus Resurgam.  It opens much as it ends.  A lyrical counter to my previous work, which was full of angst and tension, this is more lyrical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4tJGWh2250

Offline Symphonic Addict

• Veteran member
Re: Hymnus Resurgam
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 06:36:03 PM »
Man, this is quite uplifting! This work is my cup of tea without any doubt. Glad you included tolling bells, one of my favorite percussion instruments.

Once again congratulations, I'm very impressed by your talent. It sounds like the work of an accomplished composer. And the title of the piece suits the mood and nature of the piece. Some record labels should pay attention to your scores.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 06:39:12 PM by Symphonic Addict »
Music is life, and like it, inextinguishable.

I love the vast surface of silence; and it is my chief delight to break it.

Carl Nielsen

Offline relm1

• Veteran member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 06:54:30 AM »
Man, this is quite uplifting! This work is my cup of tea without any doubt. Glad you included tolling bells, one of my favorite percussion instruments.

Once again congratulations, I'm very impressed by your talent. It sounds like the work of an accomplished composer. And the title of the piece suits the mood and nature of the piece. Some record labels should pay attention to your scores.

Wow, thanks Carl Nielsen!

Offline nakulanb

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 09:00:04 AM »
I find it quite beautiful indeed!  At some points I almost felt like you were going to go into the Jurassic Park theme song, ;).  I really enjoyed it though, congrats!

It does feel like great film music to me.  But I'd enjoy seeing a performance of it too.

Offline krummholz

• Vagn Holmboe (1909-1996)
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 11:46:31 AM »

+1!

I also agree with nakulanb though, that it has a filmic sound through much of its length. Not a bad thing at all, just an observation...

Offline relm1

• Veteran member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2022, 05:15:31 PM »
Thank you all!  Even I feel it is filmic.  But I didn't intend that, it just happened.  The problem with being lyrical is it becomes easy for people to "hear" a dramatic narrative even if unintended.  I don't mind it as long as the imagined narrative adheres at least somewhat to mine.  I totally get what RVW meant when he said this about his Symphony No. 4 "I don't know whether I like it, but it's what I meant".   Regardless, thank you all for the positive comments.  :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 05:18:22 PM by relm1 »

Offline relm1

• Veteran member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 05:19:30 PM »
I find it quite beautiful indeed!  At some points I almost felt like you were going to go into the Jurassic Park theme song, ;).  I really enjoyed it though, congrats!

It does feel like great film music to me.  But I'd enjoy seeing a performance of it too.

Thanks so much!

Offline Rene Asologuitar

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2022, 02:34:49 PM »
An excerpt of my Hymnus Resurgam.  It opens much as it ends.  A lyrical counter to my previous work, which was full of angst and tension, this is more lyrical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4tJGWh2250

So peaceful.
I love the serenity of this music.
And the happy and fulfilling music in the middle.
I like it.
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

Offline relm1

• Veteran member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2022, 04:27:01 PM »
So peaceful.
I love the serenity of this music.
And the happy and fulfilling music in the middle.
I like it.
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

Thank you!