Announcements > GMG News

How to use the ignore list

(1/3) > >>

absolutelybaching:

--- Quote from: T. D. on March 10, 2022, 07:36:01 AM ---The ignore list is your friend...
In my experience, classical music forums are extremely trollable, perhaps due to chronic irony deficiency among contributors.  :blank: Needless to say, political threads are the principal targets.

--- End quote ---

How does one access or add to an ignore list? I can't find that anywhere... sorry!

"Harry":

--- Quote from: absolutelybaching on March 10, 2022, 07:52:58 AM ---How does one access or add to an ignore list? I can't find that anywhere... sorry!

--- End quote ---

Just go to the forum settings, you will find it easily. Click above left under profile, then modify profile, and you see ignore list click on it and the rest tells itself

Spotted Horses:
The ignore list isn't perfect. You still see the post, although the text is hidden. And if a post by your ignored person is quoted by someone else you see will see the quoted text.

The key is to implement a mental ignore list.

absolutelybaching:

--- Quote from: "Harry" on March 10, 2022, 08:02:00 AM ---Just go to the forum settings, you will find it easily. Click above left under profile, then modify profile, and you see ignore list click on it and the rest tells itself

--- End quote ---

Forum settings? I don't see a menu with that text on it anywhere.
Under Profile I see  Summary, Account Settings and Forum Profile.
If I click on Forum Profile, I see no ignore list options.

If I click Account Settings, I only see items concerning my email, my password and so on. Again, no ignore list.

Perhaps it's a paid subscription feature?

Spotted Horses:

--- Quote from: absolutelybaching on March 10, 2022, 09:48:21 AM ---Forum settings? I don't see a menu with that text on it anywhere.
Under Profile I see  Summary, Account Settings and Forum Profile.
If I click on Forum Profile, I see no ignore list options.

If I click Account Settings, I only see items concerning my email, my password and so on. Again, no ignore list.

Perhaps it's a paid subscription feature?

--- End quote ---

It's a bit convoluted. If you click profile on the main page and pick any one of the three options (Summary, Account Settings, Forum Profile) you will come to a page which has three items near the top (Profile Info, Modify Profile, Actions). Selecting Modify Profile you will see Buddies/Ignore list as the last option.

If someone is on your ignore list the text of their posts will be hidden (but not the post itself) and personal messages from the ignored member will be blocked (that might be configurable). If a non-ignored person quotes an ignored person you will see the quoted message of the ignored person.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version