Announcements > GMG News

How to use the ignore list

<< < (2/3) > >>

T. D.:

--- Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 10, 2022, 10:03:28 AM ---It's a bit convoluted. If you click profile on the main page and pick any one of the three options (Summary, Account Settings, Forum Profile) you will come to a page which has three items near the top (Profile Info, Modify Profile, Actions). Selecting Modify Profile you will see Buddies/Ignore list as the last option.

If someone is on your ignore list the text of their posts will be hidden (but not the post itself) and personal messages from the ignored member will be blocked (that might be configurable). If a non-ignored person quotes an ignored person you will see the quoted message of the ignored person.

--- End quote ---

Correct. Took me a while to figure out, and every time I amend the ignore list I have to figure it out anew.  :laugh: To be somewhat redundant:

Hover the cursor over "Profile" and there's a dropdown menu with 3 items. Select the third, "Forum Profile".
On the next page, hover the cursor over "Modify Profile" and there's a dropdown menu with 6 items. Select the sixth, "Buddies/Ignore List..."
On the next page, click on "Edit Ignore List" (not a dropdown)

Etc. as described above.

Symphonic Addict:
I can't use the tool with a certain member here. How can I do?

JBS:
Are you typing in the user name *exactly* as it appears in the member list?

I know that's rather obvious and basic, but it's the only thing I can think of.

Symphonic Addict:

--- Quote from: JBS on March 11, 2022, 06:40:54 PM ---Are you typing in the user name *exactly* as it appears in the member list?

I know that's rather obvious and basic, but it's the only thing I can think of.

--- End quote ---

Yes, it happens, and another user appears ignored on the list instead of him (they happen to have the same name). I don't get why. I've tried with other users and it works (just for figuring out).

JBS:

--- Quote from: Symphonic Addict on March 11, 2022, 06:45:31 PM ---Yes, it happens, and another user appears ignored on the list instead of him (they happen to have the same name). I don't get why. I've tried with other users and it works (just for figuring out).

--- End quote ---

The forum software must be defaulting to the other member for that name.
But I thought the software doesn't allow 2 members to have the same name?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version