Hello ! I am Joachim

Started by joachim, March 17, 2022, 01:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joachim

Hello

I have just registered on this forum which seems to me very interesting. Classical music has been essential to my life since I was a teenager. My preferences are the classical and romantic periods, a little less baroque, and I don't much like contemporaries and their dissonances, except of course the post-romantic ones.

I am French and do not speak English (or very little), so my posts will be in Google translation, please forgive me if there are spelling mistakes!

I am moderator of a French forum dedicated to classical music.

bhodges

Joachim, bienvenue sur le forum! J'espère que vous passerez un bon moment ici.

(Merci Google Traduction  8) )

--Bruce

Karl Henning

Quote from: joachim on March 17, 2022, 01:46:24 AM
Hello

I have just registered on this forum which seems to me very interesting. Classical music has been essential to my life since I was a teenager. My preferences are the classical and romantic periods, a little less baroque, and I don't much like contemporaries and their dissonances, except of course the post-romantic ones.

I am French and do not speak English (or very little), so my posts will be in Google translation, please forgive me if there are spelling mistakes!

I am moderator of a French forum dedicated to classical music.

Bienvenue!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Papy Oli

Bonjour Joachim,
Bienvenue sur GMG !
Olivier

joachim

Thank you for your warm welcome (including in French  ;) )

A word about my avatar: it is Joseph Boulogne, Chevalier de Saint George (1745-1799), a violinist, composer, and gifted fencer.

I looked in "search", it does not seem to me that this composer has been approached?

Que

Quote from: joachim on March 17, 2022, 06:46:59 AM
Thank you for your warm welcome (including in French  ;) )

A word about my avatar: it is Joseph Boulogne, Chevalier de Saint George (1745-1799), a violinist, composer, and gifted fencer.

I looked in "search", it does not seem to me that this composer has been approached?

Welcome!  :)

As to Joseph Boulogne: it's not much, but do feel free to add!

https://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,30072.msg1309608.html#msg1309608

LKB

Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

André

Salut Joachim, bienvenue sur le Forum !

vandermolen

Bonjour! Welcome to the Forum  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

JBS

Bienvenue! quelle que soit la langue que vous choisissez, vos idées seront intéressantes. Et il y a plusieurs francophones (je n'en fais pas partie - c'est aussi Google Translate) donc vous êtes loin d'être seul.

Welcome! whatever language you choose, your ideas will be of interest. And there are several French speakers (I'm not one of them--this is also Google Translate) so you are far from alone.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Mirror Image

Symphonic Addict

Welcome from me too! Enjoy your stay here!
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

The new erato

Welcome! A lover of french wine and culture in general here, though only able to do basic school french.

david johnson

Bonjour!  Welcome among us :)

Pizzicato-Polka

Bonjour & bienvenue, Joachim !

I know French, so it's nice to see another person who speaks it (though it's not my mother tongue).  :)
I also wanted to thank you for bringing up Joseph Boulogne, as I didn't know this composer before; today I listened to some of his pieces because of you, and enjoyed them quite a lot. Merci mille fois !

joachim

Thank you very much for your warm welcome.

I am very happy, Pizzicato-Polka, to have introduced you to the Chevalier de Saint-George, a composer that is good to know!