Hymnus Resurgam

Started by relm1, February 18, 2022, 05:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

relm1

An excerpt of my Hymnus Resurgam.  It opens much as it ends.  A lyrical counter to my previous work, which was full of angst and tension, this is more lyrical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4tJGWh2250

Symphonic Addict

Man, this is quite uplifting! This work is my cup of tea without any doubt. Glad you included tolling bells, one of my favorite percussion instruments.

Once again congratulations, I'm very impressed by your talent. It sounds like the work of an accomplished composer. And the title of the piece suits the mood and nature of the piece. Some record labels should pay attention to your scores.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

relm1

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on February 18, 2022, 05:36:03 PM
Man, this is quite uplifting! This work is my cup of tea without any doubt. Glad you included tolling bells, one of my favorite percussion instruments.

Once again congratulations, I'm very impressed by your talent. It sounds like the work of an accomplished composer. And the title of the piece suits the mood and nature of the piece. Some record labels should pay attention to your scores.

Wow, thanks Carl Nielsen!

nakulanb

I find it quite beautiful indeed!  At some points I almost felt like you were going to go into the Jurassic Park theme song, ;).  I really enjoyed it though, congrats!

It does feel like great film music to me.  But I'd enjoy seeing a performance of it too.

krummholz

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on February 18, 2022, 05:36:03 PM

+1!

I also agree with nakulanb though, that it has a filmic sound through much of its length. Not a bad thing at all, just an observation...

relm1

Thank you all!  Even I feel it is filmic.  But I didn't intend that, it just happened.  The problem with being lyrical is it becomes easy for people to "hear" a dramatic narrative even if unintended.  I don't mind it as long as the imagined narrative adheres at least somewhat to mine.  I totally get what RVW meant when he said this about his Symphony No. 4 "I don't know whether I like it, but it's what I meant".   Regardless, thank you all for the positive comments.  :)

relm1

Quote from: nakulanb on February 19, 2022, 08:00:04 AM
I find it quite beautiful indeed!  At some points I almost felt like you were going to go into the Jurassic Park theme song, ;).  I really enjoyed it though, congrats!

It does feel like great film music to me.  But I'd enjoy seeing a performance of it too.

Thanks so much!

Rene Asologuitar

Quote from: relm1 on February 18, 2022, 05:01:40 PM
An excerpt of my Hymnus Resurgam.  It opens much as it ends.  A lyrical counter to my previous work, which was full of angst and tension, this is more lyrical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4tJGWh2250

So peaceful.
I love the serenity of this music.
And the happy and fulfilling music in the middle.
I like it.
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

relm1

Quote from: Rene Asologuitar on March 12, 2022, 01:34:49 PM
So peaceful.
I love the serenity of this music.
And the happy and fulfilling music in the middle.
I like it.
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

Thank you!