Kenins symphonies no 5 and no 8

Started by dhibbard, March 21, 2022, 12:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxandpeng

This is a fine release, along with the earlier Ondine 1, 4 and 6. The VC is also worth hearing. Powerful works. Looking forward to the rest of the cycle.
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

vandermolen

Hmmm...I think that I need to hear this. I bought the CD which featured his 1st Symphony but found it a little disappointing.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

foxandpeng

Quote from: vandermolen on March 23, 2022, 12:46:47 AM
Hmmm...I think that I need to hear this. I bought the CD which featured his 1st Symphony but found it a little disappointing.

Streaming. Always the answer when things aren't quite top notch with other works. Better to stream and run than buy and regret!
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy