Announcements > Introductions

Greetings from Poland

(1/6) > >>

Pizzicato-Polka:
Hallo everyone,

while I always enjoyed classical music (thanks to my father's CD collection), I re-discovered it recently and fell in deep love. I'm still getting to know the core classical canon and don't really know music theory, so I probably won't add much to the discussions, but it's nonetheless wonderful to have such a great & active place of research like this forum at my disposal. I'm looking forward to reading your recommendations and thoughts!

My favorite composers as of now are Vivaldi, J. Strauss II, Paganini, Brahms and Sibelius* - but to be honest, I really like almost everyone I'm listening to. These 5 simply stand out to me because of how happy their music makes me; it fills me with a will to live. My most beloved instrument is by far the violin, both solo and especially with an orchestra, and my least preferred pieces are those for solo piano (I'm sorry, I know the piano part is kind of a heresy... maybe it will change with time).

If I had to choose, my most listened to piece is the entirety of 24 caprices (performed by honestly anyone, I love many versions, but especially the live Alexander Markov ones for the liveliness). I find them energetic & relaxing at the same time, plus they're extremely effective as a stress relief for me.

I speak Polish, English, German and French. Once again hallo!

*I discovered him 2 days ago & didn't listen to many of his works yet, but I fell in love with Karelia & Karelia Suite (as well as with Symphony no 1) so hard that I couldn't stop listening to different recordings of the same movements, over and over. The only other time this happened to me was with 24 caprices. So for that alone, Sibelius gets to already be part of my favorites list.

Brewski:
Hello, Pizzicato-Polka, and after your lovely introduction, welcome. You will find many here who share your love of the composers you mention.

In any case, have a good time. And also, feel free to give us a glimpse of musical life in Poland. (I hope to get there some day.)

--Bruce

Papy Oli:
Hello and welcome to GMG !  ;D

Florestan:
A warm welcome from Romania! Enjoy your time here!

LKB:

--- Quote from: Pizzicato-Polka on March 23, 2022, 05:57:15 AM ---...I fell in love with Karelia & Karelia Suite (as well as with Symphony no 1) so hard that I couldn't stop listening to different recordings of the same movements, over and over...

--- End quote ---

When you wrote that you were also telling my story, but nearly fifty years ago.  ;)

Try En Saga, it was the first tone poem l ever learned, And is still my favorite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version