Announcements > Introductions

Hello!

(1/4) > >>

Mapman:
Hi!

I'm a physics graduate student and clarinetist. I mostly like romantic to mid 20th-century music with memorable melodies. Some of my favorite composers include Mahler, Sibelius, and Dvorak. I also enjoy discovering music by more obscure composers.

I'm also introducing my girlfriend to more classical music. She's listened to all of Mahler's symphonies with me, so I think it's going well.

This forum looks fun!

Mapman

LKB:
I'm a rather extreme fan of Mahler myself. " Fanatic " may be a more accurate word, tbh...

Welcome to gmg, we're not all lovable here but you'll find much to interest you.   8)

Pizzicato-Polka:
Welcome, Mapman!

I also really like Sibelius, and think it's amazing that you're introducing other people to classical music. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here!

aligreto:
Welcome aboard.
It is good to see you posting already.
I hope that your participation continues and indeed look forward to it.
 :)

vandermolen:

--- Quote from: aligreto on April 08, 2022, 01:02:42 AM ---Welcome aboard.
It is good to see you posting already.
I hope that your participation continues and indeed look forward to it.
 :)

--- End quote ---
+1
I'm also a fan of Sibelius. It sounds like you are having more luck in introducing your girlfriend to classical music than I had with my wife (when she was my girlfriend). I recall playing her John Foulds's 'Dynamic Triptych' (an excellent piece by the way) - all she could say (in a rather bored tone) was 'well, it certainly is dynamic - isn't it?' Things haven't improved since.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version