Announcements > Introductions

New to GMG

(1/8) > >>

Olias:
Hello all, I've been on a different Classical Music forum for the past 12 years.  I've enjoyed my time there but they have just completely changed their software.  The new format took away the simple, clean, and easy to navigate forum and now has lots of adverts and banners which can only be avoided by subscribing to a "platinum" membership.  Regretfully, I had to leave.  FORTUNATELY, I found this forum which has a very easy format and clean look to it.  I look forward to interacting with people here.

Brewski:
Hi Olias, and welcome. GMG has had the same software for many years, and though it has its minuses, it's mostly stable and reliable. In any case, hope you enjoy your time here. Let us know what you're listening to!

--Bruce

Olias:
Thank you!  I'm a music educator and published composer of concert band and string orchestra music, currently in my 28th year of teaching middle school.  I tend to listen the most to Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Dvorak, Mendelssohn, Shostakovich, and Copland, although I occasionally listen to pretty much anything.  Never got into Wagner or Bruckner, although I acknowledge their influence.  Looking forward to interacting with members here.

Mirror Image:
Welcome aboard, Olias! You look familiar from the "other" forum. You may know me there as Neo Romanza. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it here and, yeah, GMG is easy to navigate and is simple in its layout. The way a forum should be. You will find, however, that this forum doesn't get the kind of foot traffic as the other forum you came from, but the friendships I've forged here with many of the regulars have been rewarding.

Symphonic Addict:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on April 13, 2022, 05:43:14 PM ---Welcome aboard, Olias! You look familiar from the "other" forum. You may know me there as Neo Romanza. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it here and, yeah, GMG is easy to navigate and is simple in its layout. The way a forum should be. You will find, however, that this forum doesn't get the kind of foot traffic as the other forum you came from, but the friendships I've forged here with many of the regulars have been rewarding.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't had imagined it was you.  ;D :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version