An old acquaintance

Started by Lisztianwagner, April 24, 2022, 07:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisztianwagner

Hello everyone,
I'm not precisely a new member of this forum, since I used to post here some years ago under the same nickname; after a long absence, I decided to come back and as I hadn't written an introduction post the first time I joined GMG, I'll write it now.
My name is Ilaria and I'm from Italy; I've always loved classical music since I was very young and because of that, I learnt to play the piano and some musical theory. I especially appreciate the composers of the Romantic and Late Romantic period, as a matter of fact, some of my favourites are Wagner, Liszt, Beethoven, Mahler, Rachmaninov, Tchaikovsky, Richard Strauss as well as the Strauss Family, Brahms and Bruckner; but I also love Mozart, Ravel, Debussy, Holst, Sibelius, Nielsen, Chopin, Prokofiev, Shostakovich and many others, because, as it was said, music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.
About conductors, I'm a great admirer of Herbert von Karajan, who, in my opinion, was able to express the beauty and passion of music like no other; but Bernstein and Carlos Kleiber were giants as well.
A warm greeting.  :)
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

Florestan

Ilaria! Benvenuta di nuovo!

What a great pleasure to have you back!  :-*

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Karl Henning

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on April 24, 2022, 07:04:55 AM
Hello everyone,
I'm not precisely a new member of this forum, since I used to post here some years ago under the same nickname; after a long absence, I decided to come back and as I hadn't written an introduction post the first time I joined GMG, I'll write it now.
My name is Ilaria and I'm from Italy; I've always loved classical music since I was very young and because of that, I learnt to play the piano and some musical theory. I especially appreciate the composers of the Romantic and Late Romantic period, as a matter of fact, some of my favourites are Wagner, Liszt, Beethoven, Mahler, Rachmaninov, Tchaikovsky, Richard Strauss as well as the Strauss Family, Brahms and Bruckner; but I also love Mozart, Ravel, Debussy, Holst, Sibelius, Nielsen, Chopin, Prokofiev, Shostakovich and many others, because, as it was said, music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.
About conductors, I'm a great admirer of Herbert von Karajan, who, in my opinion, was able to express the beauty and passion of music like no other; but Bernstein and Carlos Kleiber were giants as well.

Welcome back, Ilaria! Baci!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Mirror Image

The prodigal daughter returns! Buon ritorno, Ilaria!

ritter

Great to have you back, Ilaria:)

Cordiali saluti da Madrid

Brahmsian

Welcome back, Ilaria!
It's a great pleasure that you have returned.  :)

We missed you.

Ray

Karl Henning

Quote from: OrchestralNut on April 24, 2022, 08:21:44 AM
Welcome back, Ilaria!

We missed you.

Ray

È vero!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on April 24, 2022, 07:40:25 AM
Welcome back, Ilaria! Baci!
Quote from: Mirror Image on April 24, 2022, 07:59:05 AM
The prodigal daughter returns! Buon ritorno, Ilaria!
Quote from: ritter on April 24, 2022, 08:19:33 AM
Great to have you back, Ilaria:)

Cordiali saluti da Madrid
Quote from: OrchestralNut on April 24, 2022, 08:21:44 AM
Welcome back, Ilaria!

We missed you.

Ray
Quote from: Florestan on April 24, 2022, 07:12:25 AM
Ilaria! Benvenuta di nuovo!

What a great pleasure to have you back!  :-*

Thank you very much, guys, I missed you too.  ;D
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Papy Oli

Olivier

Lisztianwagner

classicalgeek

Hello and welcome back, Ilaria!

I just returned to the group from an eight-year absence myself, and I definitely remember you from my first time around. ;D

I'll see you around the threads!
So much great music, so little time...

Original compositions and orchestrations: https://www.youtube.com/@jmbrannigan

André

Nice to read you again, Ilaria !

bhodges

Welcome back, Ilaria! Nice to see you again. Hope you found the break refreshing and return with renewed ardor. (Sorry, too much poetry? 8) )

--Bruce

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: Brewski on April 27, 2022, 06:05:00 PM
Welcome back, Ilaria! Nice to see you again. Hope you found the break refreshing and return with renewed ardor. (Sorry, too much poetry? 8) )

--Bruce

Not at all, thank you very much, in fact it helped in that way. ;)

Quote from: André on April 27, 2022, 05:29:03 PM
Nice to read you again, Ilaria !
Quote from: classicalgeek on April 27, 2022, 05:20:18 PM
Hello and welcome back, Ilaria!

I just returned to the group from an eight-year absence myself, and I definitely remember you from my first time around. ;D

I'll see you around the threads!

Thank you for the warm welcome!  :D

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on April 24, 2022, 07:04:55 AM
Hello everyone,

Glad to see that you have returned! I remember you from olden times. I have been here for longer than I can remember, although I have been absent for periods of time and have not always had the same username.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

vandermolen

I remember you! Welcome back  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

North Star

Hello, Ilaria! Good to see you.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: North Star on April 28, 2022, 10:04:58 AM
Hello, Ilaria! Good to see you.

Hello Karlo, glad to see you too!

Quote from: vandermolen on April 28, 2022, 08:28:17 AM
I remember you! Welcome back  :)
Quote from: Spotted Horses on April 28, 2022, 07:04:04 AM
Glad to see that you have returned! I remember you from olden times. I have been here for longer than I can remember, although I have been absent for periods of time and have not always had the same username.

I appreciate it, thank you very much.  :)

Symphonic Addict

Welcome back, Ilaria! We share very similar tastes in music.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky