Author Topic: 5 Favorite Fish to Eat  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Dry Brett Kavanaugh

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    Eric Dolphy, Persian music, Sorabji, Scriabin, Sex Pistols
Re: 5 Favorite Fish to Eat
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2022, 07:41:48 AM »
Sounds great. The most memorable holiday of my life was Memphis. I have thought New Orleans a similar sort of place and maybe a repeat Memphis experience.

Yes, somewhat similar except that NOLA is more exotic and Afro. You will like there. Have you seen the movie 007 Live and Let Die, or Angel Heart?

Offline SonicMan46

• Veteran member
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2022, 09:42:08 AM »
Sounds great. The most memorable holiday of my life was Memphis. I have thought New Orleans a similar sort of place and maybe a repeat Memphis experience.

Hey Irons - I've been to Memphis twice, stayed at the historic Peabody Hotel w/ the afternoon duck event - for others just a few of the many attractions below, Sun Studio, Graceland, Stax Museum and Beale Street - at a dinner on Beale my wife got up and sang, and we bought her a beautiful Epiphone guitar at the Gibson factory (believe they may have left town?) - could go on - and Memphis BBQ is not to be missed!  Dave :)

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2022, 06:50:12 AM »
Hey Irons - I've been to Memphis twice, stayed at the historic Peabody Hotel w/ the afternoon duck event - for others just a few of the many attractions below, Sun Studio, Graceland, Stax Museum and Beale Street - at a dinner on Beale my wife got up and sang, and we bought her a beautiful Epiphone guitar at the Gibson factory (believe they may have left town?) - could go on - and Memphis BBQ is not to be missed!  Dave :)

Ah yes, we stayed at the Peabody too. When I tell friends and family how the lift (sorry elevator ;)) door opens and a line of ducks march to an indoor fountain in the middle of the foyer for a dip I get the impression I'm not believed. Did the Sun studio twice and of course Graceland, how could you miss that! As all nationalities Americans have their faults but lacking generosity is not one of them. My wife and I enjoying a Blues session at a small club in Beale Street and the waitress came across and placed two beers on our table. With some consternation I said I did not order them! She said I know, he did! It turns out a guy was having such a great time he treated everyone in the club to a beer! I will never forget such an act of generosity and kindness to complete strangers.

Stax. I have the T shirt.  8)
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.