Hello fellow music fiends!

Started by KlassiskDronning, June 22, 2022, 07:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlassiskDronning

I am just a classical/metal musician here to share my love and appreciation for the composers whom I highly admire and worship. I have been playing piano since 7, and took up guitar and violin at 14. It has been my hobby and occupation for over 15 years.
And since Yahoo! Answers went defunct last year, I need a new place now to discuss my music and stuff.  Thanks! :-*

Lisztianwagner

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum! I play the piano too, what composers do you like, if I may ask?
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

premont

Quote from: KlassiskDronning on June 22, 2022, 07:25:01 PM
I am just a classical/metal musician here to share my love and appreciation for the composers whom I highly admire and worship. I have been playing piano since 7, and took up guitar and violin at 14. It has been my hobby and occupation for over 15 years.
And since Yahoo! Answers went defunct last year, I need a new place now to discuss my music and stuff.  Thanks! :-*

Welcome.

Your username sounds very Danish.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Papy Oli

Olivier

MusicTurner

premont

Quote from: (: premont :) on June 23, 2022, 02:01:49 AM
Welcome.

Your username sounds very Danish.  :)

However I suppose you don't mean: Hello fellow music fiends!  ???

but

Hello fellow music friends!  :)

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

KlassiskDronning

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on June 23, 2022, 01:34:05 AM
Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum! I play the piano too, what composers do you like, if I may ask?

Hello and thanks!

I grew up loving and playing along to Beethoven and Bach, then I found out Schubert in a book a few years back, my unrequited love! Not only is he technically skilled. But he brought that perfect "mix" of classical, boroquish and more Romantic styles to the time-period. And he also was a superman of Bach and Beethoven, too so that's probably why I can relate.
Also Mendelssohn, Hyden, Handel, Telemann, Vivaldi, and of course Mozart  are on the top 10 as well.

KlassiskDronning

Quote from: (: premont :) on June 23, 2022, 03:31:41 AM
However I suppose you don't mean: Hello fellow music fiends!  ???

but

Hello fellow music friends!  :)

Hello yes I am Danish and German, and I was born in England. but that was my real choice of words. Obsessed crazy over music lovers! Haha >:D

aligreto

Quote from: KlassiskDronning on June 24, 2022, 02:39:27 AM
Hello and thanks!

I grew up loving and playing along to Beethoven and Bach, then I found out Schubert in a book a few years back, my unrequited love! Not only is he technically skilled. But he brought that perfect "mix" of classical, boroquish and more Romantic styles to the time-period. And he also was a superman of Bach and Beethoven, too so that's probably why I can relate.
Also Mendelssohn, Hyden, Handel, Telemann, Vivaldi, and of course Mozart  are on the top 10 as well.

Hello and welcome to GMG.
With that list of composers that you like you will surely find many people here who share your tastes.
I look forward to reading your posts in the future. Post often.
:)