Author Topic: Hello fellow music fiends!  (Read 459 times)

KlassiskDronning

Hello fellow music fiends!
« on: June 22, 2022, 06:25:01 PM »
I am just a classical/metal musician here to share my love and appreciation for the composers whom I highly admire and worship. I have been playing piano since 7, and took up guitar and violin at 14. It has been my hobby and occupation for over 15 years.
And since Yahoo! Answers went defunct last year, I need a new place now to discuss my music and stuff.  Thanks! :-*

Offline Lisztianwagner

• Veteran member
  • Wo die Macht der Worte endet, beginnt die Musik.
  • Currently Listening to:
    Classical Music; Wagner, Liszt, Mahler, Beethoven, Rachmaninov, J. Strauss, Tchaikovsky, R.Strauss, Ravel, Sibelius, Chopin, Holst, Prokofiev, Debussy, Shostakovich, Nielsen, Dvořák, Schönberg and Zemlinsky. And many more......
Re: Hello fellow music fiends!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 12:34:05 AM »
Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum! I play the piano too, what composers do you like, if I may ask?
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

Offline (: premont :)

• Veteran member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 01:01:49 AM »
I am just a classical/metal musician here to share my love and appreciation for the composers whom I highly admire and worship. I have been playing piano since 7, and took up guitar and violin at 14. It has been my hobby and occupation for over 15 years.
And since Yahoo! Answers went defunct last year, I need a new place now to discuss my music and stuff.  Thanks! :-*

Welcome.

Your username sounds very Danish.  :)
As soon as a word has left the lips, not even the fastest horse can catch up with it.

Online Papy Oli

• Veteran member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 01:35:25 AM »
Hello and welcome!
Olivier

Offline MusicTurner

• Veteran member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 02:14:48 AM »
Welcome.

+1 from here :)

Offline (: premont :)

• Veteran member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 02:31:41 AM »
Welcome.

However I suppose you don't mean: Hello fellow music fiends!  ???

but

Hello fellow music friends!  :)

As soon as a word has left the lips, not even the fastest horse can catch up with it.

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, D. Scarlattii, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Martinů, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 04:55:32 AM »
Welcome!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

KlassiskDronning

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 01:39:27 AM »
Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum! I play the piano too, what composers do you like, if I may ask?

Hello and thanks!

I grew up loving and playing along to Beethoven and Bach, then I found out Schubert in a book a few years back, my unrequited love! Not only is he technically skilled. But he brought that perfect "mix" of classical, boroquish and more Romantic styles to the time-period. And he also was a superman of Bach and Beethoven, too so that's probably why I can relate.
Also Mendelssohn, Hyden, Handel, Telemann, Vivaldi, and of course Mozart  are on the top 10 as well.

KlassiskDronning

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2022, 01:46:25 AM »
However I suppose you don't mean: Hello fellow music fiends!  ???

but

Hello fellow music friends!  :)

Hello yes I am Danish and German, and I was born in England. but that was my real choice of words. Obsessed crazy over music lovers! Haha >:D

KlassiskDronning

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2022, 02:27:57 AM »

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2022, 05:48:58 AM »
Hello and thanks!

I grew up loving and playing along to Beethoven and Bach, then I found out Schubert in a book a few years back, my unrequited love! Not only is he technically skilled. But he brought that perfect "mix" of classical, boroquish and more Romantic styles to the time-period. And he also was a superman of Bach and Beethoven, too so that's probably why I can relate.
Also Mendelssohn, Hyden, Handel, Telemann, Vivaldi, and of course Mozart  are on the top 10 as well.

Hello and welcome to GMG.
With that list of composers that you like you will surely find many people here who share your tastes.
I look forward to reading your posts in the future. Post often.
 :)
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and leave no doubt.