The Music Room > The Polling Station

Would anyone here like to participate in this?

(1/41) > >>

coffee:
Please see this link: Classical Music: Recommended Works, but Prioritized

A few years ago I attempted to begin a project like this here and the results were (to me) very interestingly different from those I got doing this on other fora. Unfortunately, there was also so much unhappiness with the idea of this project and criticism of each other's voting that I angrily decided not to do it here. I somewhat regret that. If we have some interest here, I will create a thread where people can vote on that project.

We would begin with the lowest tier and work our way up.

Also, even if there is no interest in voting on this project here, feel free to let me know if you know of any works that are missing from our list. I'll add them to the lowest tier and if people feel they should be recommended more strongly, they'll get promoted through the voting. Here is an unranked, alphabetical list of the works we've recommended.

Mirror Image:
My problem with this kind of project is it determines nothing other than we like music. It seems more like a pissing contest than anything rewarding. This is just my two measly cents.

DavidW:
I agree.  Also apparently the good members at TC think that romantic era music is far more important than any other era.  And in fact they seem to think that Brahms is worth the same as most other composers combined.  Sad.

k a rl h e nn i ng:

--- Quote from: coffee on June 22, 2022, 07:50:25 PM ---Please see this link: Classical Music: Recommended Works, but Prioritized

A few years ago I attempted to begin a project like this here and the results were (to me) very interestingly different from those I got doing this on other fora. Unfortunately, there was also so much unhappiness with the idea of this project and criticism of each other's voting that I angrily decided not to do it here. I somewhat regret that. If we have some interest here, I will create a thread where people can vote on that project.

We would begin with the lowest tier and work our way up.

Also, even if there is no interest in voting on this project here, feel free to let me know if you know of any works that are missing from our list. I'll add them to the lowest tier and if people feel they should be recommended more strongly, they'll get promoted through the voting. Here is an unranked, alphabetical list of the works we've recommended.

--- End quote ---

I scrolled down the Recommended Works, but Prioritized doc, at first out of curiosity to learn just how many tiers there were, and then to see what some of the off-the-beaten-path works were. I'm mildly curious, too, about the occasional Empty Tier.

Gurn Blanston:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on June 23, 2022, 05:04:16 AM ---My problem with this kind of project is it determines nothing other than we like music. It seems more like a pissing contest than anything rewarding. This is just my two measly cents.

--- End quote ---

It's not nearly as thrilling as a Top 700 pieces of music list.  ::)

🤠😎

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version