Announcements > Introductions

Nice to finally join

(1/4) > >>

Spenserian:
Hello, I'm new here. I used to love classical music in high school but neglected to listen to it since. I've only just rediscovered it and am massively expanding my collection. Often when I googled recommended recordings, especially of more neglected composers, I'd end up here. I thought I'd come in to say thanks and hopefully pay you back. I enjoy the more familiar repertoire, both in classic recordings by e.g. Walter, Furtwängler, Stokowski but also in more modern versions. In high school I loved baroque music and the burgeoning HIP movement, and later dug into contemporary fare, which I would often go to see live. Lately I have largely preoccupied myself with the classical era, by amassing many recordings of Boccherini, Michael Haydn, Hummel, Dittersdorf, Abel, Johann and Carl Stamitz, Vanhal, Wranitzky and so on.

I have an enormously time-consuming way to order my music collection. I rip everything I buy and sort it by composer > work > performer, then play it through my player. This way I can compare versions easily, something I've become a little addicted to...

Thanks for the many great recommendations, and I hope I can pay you back with some of my own!

Brewski:
Hi Spenserian, and welcome! (Your first post has to be approved by a moderator -- one of our spam-prevention measures -- but now you can post all you want.)

Have a good time, and I look forward to your comments!

--Bruce

Lisztianwagner:
Nice to meet you and welcome!  :)

k a rl h e nn i ng:
Welcome to GMG!

Papy Oli:
Hello and welcome to GMG!  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version