My play "A Kreutzer Sonata" - a limited opportunity to view on-line

Started by (poco) Sforzando, July 04, 2022, 08:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(poco) Sforzando

Hello, fellow GMG'ers. Some of you remember me from my more active years on this forum, perhaps 10 years ago. And some know that I have become more active as a playwright in the years since.

I have written a number of plays about classical music, including my "Capriccio Radio" which was about a classical radio station facing hard times. I know some of you here saw a filmed version last year. Another of my plays, "A Kreutzer Sonata," dramatizes the struggles faced by a talented young pianist while facing up to his Jewish identity. I honestly consider it my best full-length work, and for a limited time anyone all over the world can stream a performance filmed from 2019, presented this year by the Rogue Theater Festival.

The play is about 80 minutes with no intermission, and is followed by brief interviews with me, my director, and members of my cast. I'd be very grateful to anyone here who wishes to view it.

For tickets, please access:
https://www.showtix4u.com/event-details/65348

The video is available to view through Thursday, July 7, 2022 12:00 AM EDT.

Comments on the play from fellow playwrights on New Play Exchange:

Quote"A play that flows like a beautiful symphony, where themes are carried across movements, each with its own tempo and dynamics." - Morey Norkin
"From the outset of this play, you are hooked. The architecture of this play is outstanding. Purpose driven monologues that drive the content exactly where it needs to go." - Joe Swenson
"It held me from start to finish, flowing beautifully and illuminating how we can maneuver through culture clashes." - Rick Thompson
"A rousing standing ovation to Larry Rinkel for this masterpiece." - Cindi Sansone-Braff
"A poignant, funny, and sensitive play about topics rarely seen in the theatre." - Judah Skoff
"A beautifully written coming of age story that isn't afraid to tackle the important questions of faith." - Isaac Otterman
"A wonderful coming of age story, at once both contemporary and ageless, and so relatable to anyone who has ever had to grow from the safety of one's upbringing into the world at large in order to realize one's dreams." - Doug DeVita
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

Karl Henning

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on July 04, 2022, 08:01:46 AM
Hello, fellow GMG'ers. Some of you remember me from my more active years on this forum, perhaps 10 years ago. And some know that I have become more active as a playwright in the years since.

I have written a number of plays about classical music, including my "Capriccio Radio" which was about a classical radio station facing hard times. I know some of you here saw a filmed version last year. Another of my plays, "A Kreutzer Sonata," dramatizes the struggles faced by a talented young pianist while facing up to his Jewish identity. I honestly consider it my best full-length work, and for a limited time anyone all over the world can stream a performance filmed from 2019, presented this year by the Rogue Theater Festival.

The play is about 80 minutes with no intermission, and is followed by brief interviews with me, my director, and members of my cast. I'd be very grateful to anyone here who wishes to view it.

For tickets, please access:
https://www.showtix4u.com/event-details/65348

The video is available to view through Thursday, July 7, 2022 12:00 AM EDT.

Comments on the play from fellow playwrights on New Play Exchange:

Nice! Will watch, thanks!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

(poco) Sforzando

Please do, Karl! And if you like it, please invite friends! This is an uncommon opportunity and will not be posted to YouTube or other permanent media. :)

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on July 04, 2022, 08:14:14 AM
Please do, Karl! And if you like it, please invite friends! This is an uncommon opportunity and will not be posted to YouTube or other permanent media. :)

Well, I'm sorry this didn't gain more interest and the original link has expired. But if anyone would like to follow up, just message me and I'll provide you with access.