My Paintings (Oil Pastels) (abstract expressionism?)

Started by nakulanb, September 19, 2022, 05:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nakulanb

I did these earlier today and am happy with the result.  In the first batch, take out no. 4 and look at the second link for its replacement, I wasn't happy with the OG one.

What genre do you think this is?

Do they do anything for you?

Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/nlXEreh
https://imgur.com/a/Bet1ZYk

vandermolen

They remind me a bit of Paul Klee's comment about 'taking a line for a walk'. I like the red and green complimentary colours.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Spotted Horses


nakulanb

Quote from: vandermolen on September 19, 2022, 11:18:51 PM
They remind me a bit of Paul Klee's comment about 'taking a line for a walk'. I like the red and green complimentary colours.

Thanks, :).

nakulanb


nakulanb

I hadn't heard of Paul Klee before, I enjoy his work!

Mandryka

Quote from: nakulanb on September 20, 2022, 03:45:24 AM
I hadn't heard of Paul Klee before, I enjoy his work!

Klee's very very good I think.  But for me they they made me think of Matisse, but I'm not sure what. Possibly the cut-outs, possibly some of the backgrounds in his oils.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darĂ¼ber muss man schweigen

vandermolen

Quote from: Mandryka on September 20, 2022, 11:33:08 AM
Klee's very very good I think.  But for me they they made me think of Matisse, but I'm not sure what. Possibly the cut-outs, possibly some of the backgrounds in his oils.
Yes, I can relate to hat as well.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

nakulanb

Quote from: Mandryka on September 20, 2022, 11:33:08 AM
Klee's very very good I think.  But for me they they made me think of Matisse, but I'm not sure what. Possibly the cut-outs, possibly some of the backgrounds in his oils.

Thanks for the thoughts, I appreciated them very much!

:)

nakulanb

My favorite is 2 which I titled Tulip.  It's the one I kept.

Pohjolas Daughter

Have you been able to sell any of your paintings?  :)

I'm envious of anyone who can paint...and/or is at least brave enough to explore their creative side more.

PD

nakulanb

I don't try to sell.  I just wanted to create works to share with folks who are interested.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: nakulanb on September 21, 2022, 09:51:52 AM
I don't try to sell.  I just wanted to create works to share with folks who are interested.
Nice!  Have you been painting for many years?

PD

Florestan

Quote from: Spotted Horses on September 19, 2022, 11:20:51 PM
I like them. The simplicity is attractive.

+ 1.

They have a certain calming, nerve-soothing quality which is indeed not far from some Satie works. Btw, are you familiar with the piano music of Federico Mompou?
"Art is no excuse for boring people." - Jules Renard

nakulanb

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on September 21, 2022, 09:54:09 AM
Nice!  Have you been painting for many years?

PD

All my life, and I've gone through lots of different styles.

nakulanb

Quote from: Florestan on September 21, 2022, 09:56:27 AM
+ 1.

They have a certain calming, nerve-soothing quality which is indeed not far from some Satie works. Btw, are you familiar with the piano music of Federico Mompou?

Yes!  I enjoy some of them.

Mandryka

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darĂ¼ber muss man schweigen


pjme


nakulanb

One of my heroes is Lee Krasner, Pollock's wife.  I love her work.