My Paintings (Oil Pastels) (abstract expressionism?)

Started by nakulanb, September 19, 2022, 05:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nakulanb

pjme

No, I did look at your drawings and wasn't surprised nor did I expêrience dislike or great enthusiasm.
At my age (70) I find it hard to feel great enthusiasm for the myriad of people all over the world who are "creating". I have no longer an ardent urge to cope with and learn what is going on in the "artistic world". Social media, musea, news papers, books, magazines, exhibitions, articles ... the offer is so overwhelming that I drown in it.
Moreover, almost every day I discover that my knowledge of "mainstream" (art) history is in continuous need of "refurbishing" and expanding. I try to fill my days with the exploration of fields I "recognise" (mainly literature, art, music of the late 19th - to mid 20th century).

However, I definitely encourage you to continue to go "through lots of different styles", to create, to paint, to compose and write. It is a very sane thing to do in this crazy world.

nakulanb

That's fair.  At 38, I'm coming to a similar place.  I'll enjoy the work and continue to collect mp3 albums of Satie, and perhaps I'll get a Krasner table book to look at.

But I'm not seeking out new favorites. 

Also, I don't take books and movies seriously as a personal preference.  So, I don't mind spending time with the fun ones that appeal to me like lots of Tim Burton and Dr. Seuss.