Been gone a while

Started by Keemun, September 21, 2022, 06:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keemun

9.5 years to be exact. Time flies when you're having fun! ;D Had some big changes in my life - like meeting my wife in 2014 and marrying her in 2016, new job around the same time, and a decent amount of travel until Covid happened.  I also took a rather long break from classical music for no particular reason. But I've been listening to it again for a while now, so it seems like a good time to come back to GMG.
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

bhodges

Quote from: Keemun on September 21, 2022, 06:52:08 PM
9.5 years to be exact. Time flies when you're having fun! ;D Had some big changes in my life - like meeting my wife in 2014 and marrying her in 2016, new job around the same time, and a decent amount of travel until Covid happened.  I also took a rather long break from classical music for no particular reason. But I've been listening to it again for a while now, so it seems like a good time to come back to GMG.

Welcome back, and I remember that tea avatar!

--Bruce

Pohjolas Daughter

Sounds like life has been good for you overall (obviously less Covid becoming a fact of life to deal with)?  We haven't met before, but in any event welcome back and am looking forward to hearing about your musical explorations and sharing what you have learned.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Papy Oli

Olivier

Que

Welcome back!  :) I do remember you.

Realising that 9,5 years have passed.... how time flies...

Well, as you can see we're still here.  8)

vandermolen

Yes, I remember you too.
Welcome back!
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Brian

I remember you! Welcome back, glad to see you around here again! It's surprising how many of us are still here a decade later  ;D

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Cato

Glad to have a wandering soul wandering back to us!   0:)

So what kind of music entertained you in the last years?  Let me guess: HEINO!!!

Second-hand smoke never deterred  8)  HEINO  8) from twirbling!   8)

https://www.youtube.com/v/1Gn_bx77SaA

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Spotted Horses

Wow! Yes, I remember you. I've left and returned multiple times during your absence. :)
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Mirror Image

I most certainly remember you! Welcome back!

Brahmsian

Oh my goodness! Welcome back Todd. So nice to see you on here again!  :)

You have been away so long...you probably have no clue who "OrchestralNut" is.   :D  I'll let you figure it out.  ;)

Keemun

Quote from: OrchestralNut on October 04, 2022, 11:01:15 AM
Oh my goodness! Welcome back Todd. So nice to see you on here again!  :)

You have been away so long...you probably have no clue who "OrchestralNut" is.   :D  I'll let you figure it out.  ;)

Your location is a pretty good clue.  :)
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

Que

Quote from: Keemun on September 21, 2022, 06:52:08 PM9.5 years to be exact. Time flies when you're having fun! ;D Had some big changes in my life - like meeting my wife in 2014 and marrying her in 2016, new job around the same time, and a decent amount of travel until Covid happened.  I also took a rather long break from classical music for no particular reason. But I've been listening to it again for a while now, so it seems like a good time to come back to GMG.

Wow... time flies indeed... Welcome back!  :)

Keemun