My Photography

Started by nakulanb, September 27, 2022, 01:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: ando on June 24, 2024, 11:23:07 AMI got the message. Many people don't!
Well done you!  ;)

I've watched Cornell's hawk cams off and on and have seen and heard how Big Red and her mate Arthur will react and drive certain breeds of birds out of the area during breeding season; they don't mess around!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: ando on June 24, 2024, 10:47:29 AMVery nice.

Are those Canadian geese? Peaceful as they are during most of the year, don't veer too close to the pregnant clan during early spring or you'll see a very different side. 🌝

Yes, I think they are Canadian geese. Here is one I got close to:

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Spotted Horses

Quote from: ando on October 24, 2023, 12:22:39 PMThanks again, PD. Btw, are trees ablaze with color this week where you live? Take shots! The Northeast is a riot with color now. But I'm dissatisfied with nearly everything I've taken. I know there must be people here who live among sumptuous colored foliage. Share a shot or two! 🙂

From decades ago. Ithaca, NY. File under "Mama don't take my Kodachrome away."

There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

steve ridgway

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on June 24, 2024, 11:29:32 PMYes, I think they are Canadian geese. Here is one I got close to:

Sarge

We have loads of those and call them Canada Geese.

I've been using my zoom lens in the garden recently and found this Scarlet Lily Beetle.

Sergeant Rock

Here is a gallery of all my photos I've posted to the previous photography thread, including portraits of my first wife, my sister-in-law, Mrs. Rock, my nieces and nephews.

https://imageevent.com/sgtrock/photography

The three pics (12, 13 14) of the blonde girl was taken at the wine fest on the roten Hang in Nierstein. The guy with glasses in the second pic had complained that his wine was corked. She poured herself a glass, took a sip, swirled and spit like a true professional taster and said that it was indeed corked  :laugh:

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"