Is this piece Wagner?

Started by Galen123, February 22, 2021, 04:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galen123

Hi there - can anyone identify this piece? If you go to 29.38 on the link below. It sounds like it's from the Romantic era. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-TuiIRQBKE

damian101

It's not Wagner. I think it's most likely that this part is original soundtrack of this animation, and composed by some Japanese composer especially for this. But you can hear influences from composers like Wagner, Mussorgsky, Tchaikovsky and others.

relm1

Quote from: Galen123 on February 22, 2021, 04:37:43 AMHi there - can anyone identify this piece? If you go to 29.38 on the link below. It sounds like it's from the Romantic era. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-TuiIRQBKE

I don't recognize that particular music but according to MAGAwik, it says:

The sound track of Fujimi Orchestra is composed primarily of european classical music. The soundtracks include music from a number of composers including, among others:

Richard Wagner
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Johann Sebastian Bach
Ludwig van Beethoven
Antonio Vivaldi
Felix Mendelssohn
Johannes Brahms
Johann Strauss II
Maurice Ravel
Antonín Dvořák
Erik Satie.
All original music composed for Fujimi Orchestra is written by Takano Fujio (高野ふじお) and is released on various CDs by Liner Notes Music, a Sony Music company. sk:Fudžimi Orchestra fi:Fujimi Orchestra zh:富士見二丁目交響樂團

Maybe if you can find the soundtrack which appears to be released, you'll track down that music.

Florestan

Quote from: relm1 on August 29, 2023, 05:54:19 AMMaybe if you can find the soundtrack which appears to be released, you'll track down that music.

Did you notice that the OP has deleted their account? What is the point in resurrecting threads like this, in which the OP either has long since disappeared or hasn't been posting for years?  ???
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: Florestan on August 29, 2023, 06:09:07 AMDid you notice that the OP has deleted their account? What is the point in resurrecting threads like this, in which the OP either has long since disappeared or hasn't been posting for years?  ???

Wagner is a composer of eternal interest.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

Florestan

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

LKB

Quote from: relm1 on August 29, 2023, 05:54:19 AMI don't recognize that particular music but according to MAGAwik, it says:

The sound track of Fujimi Orchestra is composed primarily of european classical music. The soundtracks include music from a number of composers including, among others:

Richard Wagner
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Johann Sebastian Bach
Ludwig van Beethoven
Antonio Vivaldi
Felix Mendelssohn
Johannes Brahms
Johann Strauss II
Maurice Ravel
Antonín Dvořák
Erik Satie.
All original music composed for Fujimi Orchestra is written by Takano Fujio (高野ふじお) and is released on various CDs by Liner Notes Music, a Sony Music company. sk:Fudžimi Orchestra fi:Fujimi Orchestra zh:富士見二丁目交響樂團

Maybe if you can find the soundtrack which appears to be released, you'll track down that music.

Even though the OP may be long gone, when l get home I'll take a listen. I'm a sucker for any flavor of " Name That Tune ".
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Cato

Quote from: LKB on August 29, 2023, 11:44:46 AMEven though the OP may be long gone, when l get home I'll take a listen. I'm a sucker for any flavor of " Name That Tune ".

It sounds to me Wagnerian in style, Tannhaeuser-ish.

Tell us what you think!

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on August 29, 2023, 06:56:04 AMWagner is a composer of eternal interest.

Amen!  😇
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

DavidW

It is Jun Kanamaru.  I cheated.  I looked at the credits at the end of the video.  He composes soundtracks for movies, tv shows and video games.

LKB

I forgot about this after l got home. If the IT guys at work haven't blocked this site, I'll try to log in there in a couple hours. I'm still curious...

LKB

I listened to a few phrases at the OP's time reference and I'm in agreement with DavidW. Wagner would have been more recognizable and distinctive.