Software update

Started by Dungeon Master, November 22, 2022, 10:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papy Oli

Quote from: Dungeon Master on December 02, 2022, 04:34:07 AMCould people try to tag me @Dungeon Master and report if the feature is or is not working for them?

@Dungeon Master 
Working for me on Windows 11 laptop / Opera Browser
Olivier

Papy Oli

@Dungeon Master
Also working on Android 11 phone with Chrome

Olivier

George

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 02, 2022, 03:48:02 AMThat's what I thought. On my Windows 10 laptop in Chrome, there's no popup. Haven't tried either handheld device yet. However. I do see a Save Draft button. Thanks, Rob. Will report further.

Weird. It works on my Windows 10 laptop in Chrome.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Mapman

George

Quote from: absolutelybaching on December 02, 2022, 02:49:42 AM@spotted horses

Nope. Not working for me in Firefox on Android, either. (Where I'm now typing this reply)

I am assuming that if I type @ followed by "spot", something's supposed to happen by way of a pop-up selector? And that I don't have to be case-sensitive about it?

Correct!

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Florestan

@Dungeon Master

Working on laptop, Firefox.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Dungeon Master on December 02, 2022, 04:34:07 AMCould people try to tag me @Dungeon Master and report if the feature is or is not working for them? I have looked through all settings and permissions, and can see no reason why it should not be working for all.

I think this is an important feature, as you can specify who you are replying to in a lengthy thread.

For me it is working on desktop and mobile.

Type the @ character, followed by just the first letter or two of the member you wish to mention, wait a half second for the pop up to give you a choice of usernames and then click the user you want.

I need to give it a try,  if only to answer questions down the road.  @Dungeon Master and @Brewski , this tags you OK?  This is a Samsung tablet running the version of Android that was released 2 days ago. 

🤠
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Karl Henning

Quote from: Dungeon Master on December 02, 2022, 04:34:07 AMCould people try to tag me @Dungeon Master and report if the feature is or is not working for them? I have looked through all settings and permissions, and can see no reason why it should not be working for all.

I think this is an important feature, as you can specify who you are replying to in a lengthy thread.

For me it is working on desktop and mobile.

Type the @ character, followed by just the first letter or two of the member you wish to mention, wait a half second for the pop up to give you a choice of usernames and then click the user you want.
@Dungeon Master works on my Kindle.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

JBS

Quote from: Papy Oli on December 02, 2022, 04:48:37 AM@Dungeon Master
Also working on Android 11 phone with Chrome

@Dungeon Master
Seems to be working on my Android Chrome as well.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

vandermolen

It amuses me that whenever I want to edit one of my posts a little box asks me to provide an explanation!
Very funny!
 ;D
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Florestan

Quote from: vandermolen on December 03, 2022, 12:49:31 AMIt amuses me that whenever I want to edit one of my posts a little box asks me to provide an explanation!
Very funny!
 ;D

I don't get any such box.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on December 03, 2022, 12:49:31 AMIt amuses me that whenever I want to edit one of my posts a little box asks me to provide an explanation!
Very funny!
 ;D
That's only if you want to; you don't have to.

After you click on Quick Edit, it's up towards the top--just above your posting area.  It says "Reason for editing:" and has a narrow box after the colon for you to type in your reason--should you so wish. @Florestan.
Pohjolas Daughter

bhodges

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on December 02, 2022, 05:44:36 AMI need to give it a try,  if only to answer questions down the road.  @Dungeon Master and @Brewski , this tags you OK?  This is a Samsung tablet running the version of Android that was released 2 days ago. 

🤠

Yep, just confirming that tagging me produced an alert. (PS, on laptop, using Chrome.)

-Bruce

vandermolen

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on December 03, 2022, 02:13:12 AMThat's only if you want to; you don't have to.

After you click on Quick Edit, it's up towards the top--just above your posting area.  It says "Reason for editing:" and has a narrow box after the colon for you to type in your reason--should you so wish. @Florestan.
I like to imagine the GMG Moderators assembled in a smoke-filled room taking a vote on whether an edit is acceptable or not  ;D
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Florestan

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on December 03, 2022, 02:13:12 AMThat's only if you want to; you don't have to.

Blimey, I didn't notice it.  :D

But now I have another problem: you tagged me but I received no alert.  ???

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Florestan on December 03, 2022, 04:11:08 AMBlimey, I didn't notice it.  :D

Huh!  I received one from you fine.  Did you scroll all the way up to the top of your screen?  And are you on a phone, computer, iPad, etc.?

By the way (to all here, I did notice that alerts (even after you have read them) stay in your personal message history--like emails.  They stay there until you delete them.  When I clicked on All Alerts, I realized that I had already amassed three pages of them!  There is a way there though to delete them all or to do it individually.  Just a heads up.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Florestan

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on December 03, 2022, 04:20:20 AMHuh!  I received one from you fine.  Did you scroll all the way up to the top of your screen?  And are you on a phone, computer, iPad, etc.?

I just checked my alert history and actually I did receive an alert for your tagging me but it was one of several alerts and it was easy for me to overlook it.

Pohjolas Daughter

Oh, good.  Glad that all is working well for you. @Florestan

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Karl Henning

Quote from: Florestan on December 03, 2022, 04:11:08 AMBlimey, I didn't notice it.  :D

@Florestan how 'bout this?
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on December 03, 2022, 04:20:20 AMHuh!  I received one from you fine.  Did you scroll all the way up to the top of your screen?  And are you on a phone, computer, iPad, etc.?

By the way (to all here, I did notice that alerts (even after you have read them) stay in your personal message history--like emails.  They stay there until you delete them.  When I clicked on All Alerts, I realized that I had already amassed three pages of them!  There is a way there though to delete them all or to do it individually.  Just a heads up.  :)

PD
Scroll to the bottom and there's a "delete all read alerts" button, @Pohjolas Daughter 
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA