Software update

Started by Dungeon Master, November 22, 2022, 10:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florestan

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 21, 2022, 12:37:09 PMThis topic is a poll, but I do not see the poll (I only read the posts to the topic.

That's very odd, Karl! I've been seeing it as a poll right from the start, I even voted.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

George

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 21, 2022, 12:37:09 PMThis topic is a poll, but I do not see the poll (I only read the posts to the topic.

Are you using Adblock? If so, have you tried disabling it?
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Karl Henning

Quote from: George on December 21, 2022, 12:54:53 PMAre you using Adblock? If so, have you tried disabling it?
I don't believe I use that.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Florestan

Quote from: George on December 21, 2022, 12:54:53 PMAre you using Adblock? If so, have you tried disabling it?

I don't think Adblock (which I use) has got anything to do with it, George. After all, it wouldn't block a GMG inner page from displaying correctly, would it?
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

George

Quote from: Florestan on December 21, 2022, 12:59:51 PMI don't think Adblock (which I use) has got anything to do with it, George. After all, it wouldn't block a GMG inner page from displaying correctly, would it?

It had that effect for me in the past, yes. In fact, recently on this site. That why I asked Karl if he was using Adblock. 
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Florestan

Quote from: George on December 21, 2022, 01:05:39 PMIt had that effect for me in the past, yes. In fact, recently on this site. That why I asked Karl if he was using Adblock. 

Oh, my! I wasn't aware of that, nor thought it was possible. My apologies, then. Clearly, Mysteries of the Internet might have mystified Eugene Sue himself, his Mysteries of Paris notwithstanding.  :D

JBS

I just put up a sort of test poll in the Polling Station sub-board.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Madiel

Quote from: absolutelybaching on December 22, 2022, 01:08:57 AMIt's not another Subscriber-only issue, is it?

Just think of all the things you can pay not to see... :o
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Florestan

Sometimes, not always, when I click on the "1 person likes this" to see who that person is I get the message "Sorry, Florestan, you are banned from using this forum." WTF is this?  ???

Harry

Quote from: Florestan on December 22, 2022, 03:20:32 AMSometimes, not always, when I click on the "1 person likes this" to see who that person is I get the message "Sorry, Florestan, you are banned from using this forum." WTF is this?  ???

That's really very funny.....sorry but it is! ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Florestan

Quote from: Harry on December 22, 2022, 03:24:48 AMThat's really very funny.....sorry but it is! ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

It's funny, indeed. When and why have I been banned, I wonder.  :D  :D  :D

Harry

I want to contribute to this forum as a Subscriber, but as yet I wait until the issues are solved, for obviously there are a few bits and bobs that must be corrected.

Harry

Quote from: Florestan on December 22, 2022, 03:25:57 AMIt's funny, indeed. When and why have I been banned, I wonder.  :D  :D  :D

If they ban you on GMG they could close the shop altogether.

Florestan

Quote from: Harry on December 22, 2022, 03:28:35 AMIf they ban you on GMG they could close the shop altogether.

I have my bad moments but nothing that warrants a ban, I should hope.

Karl Henning

FWIW, cannot see the poll on my phone, either. 
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Quote from: absolutelybaching on December 22, 2022, 09:57:15 AMHave you logged off and tried viewing it?
Please do so and report result.

Still no go.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Quote from: absolutelybaching on December 22, 2022, 10:22:59 AMWell, sorry to persist, but are you sure you logged off?

Here's me logged on (note user name in top left of screen) and note no poll:
I misread you, logged out and then back in. I twig now.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Quote from: absolutelybaching on December 22, 2022, 10:22:59 AMWell, sorry to persist, but are you sure you logged off?

Here's me logged on (note user name in top left of screen) and note no poll:
Logged off, I can read the ongoing poll results.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Florestan

Looks like in this new version being a Subscriber is a recipe for disaster.  ;D

Madiel

No no no, it's a way of shielding yourself from the forum's worst trivialities. Such people are ABOVE voting.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!