Software update

Started by Dungeon Master, November 22, 2022, 10:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papy Oli

Quote from: Dungeon Master on January 16, 2023, 06:35:43 PMNice idea, but there isn't that option in the software.

No worries Rob, thank you for checking.
Olivier

Madiel

Quote from: Mandryka on January 16, 2023, 07:56:52 PMNone of the images showing on iPadOS 16.2

I suspect this is an issue with Brian's image source (Naxos USA) rather than anything here.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Brian

Yes, Naxos USA needs to renew its security certificate. Not a GMG bug luckily.

stingo

Apologies if this has been asked before...

Is there an Unread Replies function like on the previous version for seeing new replies only for threads I've posted on? The one at the upper left seems to list ALL unread posts. Thanks in advance for replies!

Edited to add: Of course, just after I post, I find it. Thanks!

Cato

I asked earlier, when the "new look" appeared: "Where is the Angel emoticon?"

The Devil is still available!   ;)    We want equal time!   8)

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Luke

O
:)

Will that do?

Karl Henning

Quote from: Cato on March 09, 2023, 07:28:49 AMI asked earlier, when the "new look" appeared: "Where is the Angel emoticon?"

The Devil is still available!  ;)    We want equal time!  8)

Emoticons? What emoticons?
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Cato

Quote from: Cato on March 09, 2023, 07:28:49 AMI asked earlier, when the "new look" appeared: "Where is the Angel emoticon?"

The Devil is still available!  ;)    We want equal time!  8)

Quote from: Luke on March 09, 2023, 07:37:18 AMO

Will that do?

I suppose that would be one possibility! Let me try to perk it up! 

O

I would say results are mixed!  ;)

Quote from: Karl Tirebiter Henning on March 09, 2023, 10:46:40 AMEmoticons? What emoticons?

Well, that is one solution!   8)

I am not sure that a Moderator has the power to conjure up The Angel, but perhaps the problem can passed along to higher authorities (?).   ;)

Please?!

Que

Quote from: Que on November 25, 2022, 11:36:58 PMI was wondering about the possibility of changing the rather odd text font in the reply/post feature? And the "buttons" in that feature are quite tiny (as are the emoticons, which also look a bit odd - I liked the old(fashioned) look better).

Quote from: Dungeon Master on November 26, 2022, 12:03:17 AMThere is nothing in the admin settings to change either of those, sorry.

I'm going to keep it like my e this for a month or two, let people get accustomed to the look, and if people still complain, I can delve into the coding.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Karl Tirebiter Henning on March 09, 2023, 10:46:40 AMEmoticons? What emoticons?
Which is to say, not that it's important, I see no emoticons whatever.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

George

Quote from: Karl Tirebiter Henning on March 10, 2023, 06:56:26 AMWhich is to say, not that it's important, I see no emoticons whatever.

Really? You can't see any of these?  :P  :'(  >:D  :-[  ???  >:(  ;D  :D  ;)  :)  :o  8)  ???  ::)  :P  :-[
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Karl Henning

Quote from: George on March 10, 2023, 07:07:26 AMReally? You can't see any of these?  :P  :'(  >:D  :-[  ???  >:(  ;D  :D  ;)  :)  :o  8)  ???  ::)  :P  :-[
I cannot.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Cato on March 09, 2023, 01:21:55 PMI suppose that would be one possibility! Let me try to perk it up! 

O

I would say results are mixed!  ;)

Well, that is one solution!  8)

I am not sure that a Moderator has the power to conjure up The Angel, but perhaps the problem can passed along to higher authorities (?).  ;)

Please?!
Well, on my Mac, one can paste one of their emojis onto here (though a bit time consuming), so for you:  👼 😇 [baby angel and smiling face with halo].

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

George

Karl Henning

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on March 10, 2023, 07:36:53 AMWell, on my Mac, one can paste one of their emojis onto here (though a bit time consuming), so for you:  👼 😇 [baby angel and smiling face with halo].

PD
Interestingly, I see the emoticons on my phone, but not on the laptop. And thanks for the aid, PD!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Cato

Quote from: Karl Tirebiter Henning on March 10, 2023, 06:56:26 AMWhich is to say, not that it's important, I see no emoticons whatever.

Very interesting!

Many thanks to the administrators for addressing the issue!   8)

Madiel

When trying to change my profile, I am getting an error message saying "HTML tags are not allowed."

There are no HTML tags in what I'm changing. In fact I was getting rid of one in my signature. The only remotely HTML-type thing remaining is the URL to my blog, which is in the field that specifically says it's for containing a URL.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

George

I don't think this has been mentioned in this thread, so I just wanted to share something I found tonight.

Let's say there is a thread I am currently posting in that is no longer fun to participate in and I don't want it listed in my new replies list. In the old version of the forum before the update, I would just keep getting updates on the thread even if I was no longer posting in it. Annoying. But I figured out tonight that now all I have to do now is click on the button at the top of the thread, just to the right of the PRINT button. This will open 4 possible options for the thread:

I then just need to choose "Not Following" and the thread will no longer show up in my unread replies list. 

Florestan

Quote from: George on September 14, 2023, 05:31:22 PMI don't think this has been mentioned in this thread, so I just wanted to share something I found tonight.

Let's say there is a thread I am posting in that is no longer fun to participate in and I don't want listed in my new replies list. In the old version of the forum before the update, I would just keep getting updates on the thread even if I was no longer posting in it. Annoying. But I figured out tonight that now all I have to do is click on the button at the top of the thread, just to the right of the PRINT button. This will open 4 possible options for the thread:

choose "Not Following" and the thread will no longer show up in my unread replies list. 

At least I think this is how it will work. I haven't tested it yet.

Thank you very much for this, George. I think @Madiel will be most grateful, too.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Madiel

Quote from: Florestan on September 15, 2023, 12:12:45 AMThank you very much for this, George. I think @Madiel will be most grateful, too.

Lol. Damn right! I've complained about this loudly in the past, and I had absolutely no idea it had been solved.