Software update

Started by Dungeon Master, November 22, 2022, 10:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Sounds great! We're all learning together. Might be a bumpy ride for a week or two but after that it will be lots of fun playing with the new features.

George

Quote from: Dungeon Master on November 26, 2022, 11:54:49 AMYep, I take full responsibility for the confusion. The "Like" button was enabled for Regular Members, but that permission did not follow through to subscribers, or moderators.

I have enabled the like button for all user groups except Guests, "Just Joined" (no posts) and Newbies (under 10 posts).

Please yay or nay.

Apologies to all. I am learning the features of this new software like all of us.

Thanks, Rob!

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, the lists for buddies, ignored users and online members it showing up blank when you click the respective links. 
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Spotted Horses

I'm amazed at how few problems there have been, given that it was a major version upgrade. My only gripe at this point is that the font for posts has gotten smaller and my eyes haven't gotten any better. And quoted posts seem to have a larger font than native ve posts. Maybe that is browser dependent.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Florestan

Quote from: Spotted Horses on November 26, 2022, 12:12:58 PMthe font for posts has gotten smaller and my eyes haven't gotten any better

CTRL + is your friend. It has been mine ever since I learned about it. :)

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

George

Quote from: Florestan on November 26, 2022, 12:16:07 PMCTRL + is your friend. It has been mine ever since I learned about it. :)

Yep, my browser is on 125%. On my phone its better than ever, though.

Dungeon Master

Quote from: George on November 26, 2022, 12:07:21 PMIn case it hasn't been mentioned yet, the lists for buddies, ignored users and online members it showing up blank when you click the respective links.

Where? In the top Profile link?

Don't be offended, I'm going to Ignore you @George temporarily while I test it.

George

Quote from: Dungeon Master on November 26, 2022, 12:50:03 PMWhere? In the top Profile link?

Don't be offended, I'm going to Ignore you @George temporarily while I test it.

If you click on your name at top left, then Ignore List, the list that appears is empty. If you click on "Edit Buddy List" on the same page, an empty list of buddies appears. I have people in both categories, so I can confirm this.

Also, if you click on Users Online at the bottom, the list that appears is empty.

Dungeon Master

Quote from: George on November 26, 2022, 01:06:38 PMIf you click on your name at top left, then Ignore List, the list that appears is empty. If you click on "Edit Buddy List" on the same page, an empty list of buddies appears. I have people in both categories, so I can confirm this.

Also, if you click on Users Online at the bottom, the list that appears is empty.

Those are all showing for me.

Anyone else having problems viewing Buddies, Ignore List or Who is Online?

George

Quote from: Dungeon Master on November 26, 2022, 01:14:42 PMThose are all showing for me.

If I click on Alerts at top left, then All Alerts, I also get an empty list.

George

Quote from: Dungeon Master on November 26, 2022, 01:14:42 PMThose are all showing for me.

Anyone else having problems viewing Buddies, Ignore List or Who is Online?

I'm also getting empty menus if I click on my name at top left, then Notifications. These headings are there, but no options or info underneath:

Notification Menu
Alert Preferences
Watched Topics
Watched Boards

George

Quote from: absolutelybaching on November 26, 2022, 01:57:56 PMI do *not* have a blank ignore list, so it seems to be affecting some but not others.

Rob, maybe something did when you engaged Subcriber Status also activated the menus that I see as blank?

Madiel

Ignore list and Alerts list are both working correctly for me on my iPhone, so the problem is not universal.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Madiel

Quote from: absolutelybaching on November 26, 2022, 01:57:56 PMI'll throw another Spaniard in the works, though. When I am on my phone and I quote and start typing, the moment I type a first full stop, the word "Quote" is inserted at the end of my typed text automatically, without me doing anything to trigger it (apart from typing a full stop). And it's only the first full stop which does it.

This sounds more likely to be a fault in the auto text on your phone, where it believes that a full stop is the signal for that word. Do you get the same result if you're typing somewhere other than the forum?
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: absolutelybaching on November 26, 2022, 06:23:38 AMMight want to review the URL to your website. It is malformed, I think: when I click it, it wants to take me to:

http://"http//www.fjhaydn.com"

...and the double http and "ampersand-quot" codes means it doesn't resolve. It is of course manually modifiable, but thought you'd want to know.

Thanks.  Removed my Twitter address this morning and must have fat-fingered it. ::)

🤠
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Dungeon Master

Quote from: George on November 26, 2022, 01:19:50 PMIf I click on Alerts at top left, then All Alerts, I also get an empty list.

I can't see any issues in the settings. Might be a cookie setting, or cached webpage. Can you do a full refresh of your page - click refresh while holding down the shift key (on desktop).

Dungeon Master

Quote from: absolutelybaching on November 26, 2022, 01:57:56 PMI'll throw another Spaniard in the works, though. When I am on my phone and I quote and start typing, the moment I type a first full stop, the word "Quote" is inserted at the end of my typed text automatically, without me doing anything to trigger it (apart from typing a full stop). And it's only the first full stop which does it.

I'm a quoting your Spaniard to see if I can replicate the issue - here comes the full stop.

Nope, I can't replicate it. I will search the SMF forums to see if anyone else has reported it.

George

Quote from: Dungeon Master on November 26, 2022, 04:02:43 PMI can't see any issues in the settings. Might be a cookie setting, or cached webpage. Can you do a full refresh of your page - click refresh while holding down the shift key (on desktop).

I logged out of the site, cleared cookies, cleared cache, then logged back in and did a full refresh of the page. And it did not resolve the issue.

George

Nevermind, Rob, it was because of Adblock. I had blocked something on this site and disabling Adblock fixed the problem!

Dungeon Master

Quote from: George on November 26, 2022, 04:24:22 PMNevermind, Rob, it was because of Adblock. I had blocked something on this site and disabling Adblock fixed the problem!

Ok that explains why it was you only.  ;D

Brian

I will now forever use the phrase "throw a Spaniard in the works." Priceless!!