Software update

Started by Dungeon Master, November 22, 2022, 10:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scion7

only you can see it
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

Papy Oli

Olivier

Spotted Horses

I have noticed that if you edit a post likes are reset. That seems reasonable.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Pohjolas Daughter

I love how much faster/more responsive the site is!

Thank you Rob!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

foxandpeng

Initial reflections:

Arghhhh. What have they done to my favourite music forum??? It is broken! I hate it. Stupid changes that are pointless, annoying and unnecessarily different!!

Further reflections:

I guess it is probably OK. I still mostly hate it though.

Latest reflections:

What did the old site look like, again? I wonder if there are any new posts on the less posted composers that I like?
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

Spotted Horses

Quote from: foxandpeng on November 29, 2022, 03:55:28 AMInitial reflections:

Arghhhh. What have they done to my favourite music forum??? It is broken! I hate it. Stupid changes that are pointless, annoying and unnecessarily different!!

Further reflections:

I guess it is probably OK. I still mostly hate it though.

Latest reflections:

What did the old site look like, again? I wonder if there are any new posts on the less posted composers that I like?

Same series of emotions when a new version of iOS installs itself on my iPhone. :)
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Karl Henning

Quote from: Spotted Horses on November 29, 2022, 05:22:36 AMSame series of emotions when a new version of iOS installs itself on my iPhone. :)

(* chortle *)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Spotted Horses

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 29, 2022, 05:27:18 AM(* chortle *)

I think we need a chortle button, to go with the like button. :)

Madiel

Quote from: Spotted Horses on November 29, 2022, 05:30:26 AMI think we need a chortle button, to go with the like button. :)

And of course a table-pounding button.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Spotted Horses

Mandryka

I don't think search this topic is working.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Spotted Horses

George

Dungeon Master

George

Quote from: Dungeon Master on November 29, 2022, 05:18:34 PMTry it now

I just tried it with three different words and it didn't work for any.

Dungeon Master

What words did you try? I tried about a dozen searches within specific threads and boards.

Examples:
"Orfeo" on the opera thread
"Putin" in the Diner section
"Richter" on the Great Recordings and Reviews board
"vinyl" on the entire forum
"arpeggio" on the Composing and Performing board
"Thelonious" on the Jazz board
"Goedicke" on the "What are you listening to now" thread for something a bit more esotieric

In all cases, results returned in less than 1 second and all seemed highly relevant and restricted to the forum/board or thread I specified.

Can others check the Search function (the search box at the top right of the page) and report back.

Mapman

Searching "search" in this thread gives me the following result:

Sorry, no matches were found

Dungeon Master

Quote from: Mapman on November 29, 2022, 07:03:14 PMSearching "search" in this thread gives me the following result:

Sorry, no matches were found
I got lots of hits for "search" from this thread.

Can others report too?

I will look into different member group permissions.

Madiel

It seems to be working okay for me.

Edit: I should probably add I was using search from the menu.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!