Software update

Started by Dungeon Master, November 22, 2022, 10:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on December 01, 2022, 07:01:57 AMI have yet to happen upon a checkbox that allows me to turn off that annoying box that comes up and verifies every move I make. "Are you sure you want to do that?". Hell yes, that's why I clicked that button!!  >:(

8)

I fully agree, its is annoying >:(
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Madiel

I don't have any such checkbox... look in your profile settings.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Madiel on December 01, 2022, 07:07:25 AMI don't have any such checkbox... look in your profile settings.

Well, that was my point, actually. I don't have any checkboxes either.

Quote from: Harry on December 01, 2022, 07:06:11 AMI fully agree, its is annoying >:( 

Yes, that. :(

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Papy Oli

Possibly: 

Forum Profile > Look & Layout > Show quick Moderation > change to Don't Show, instead of checkboxes or icons ??
Olivier

Papy Oli

or these are the ghosts of Moderated Past coming back to haunt you  ;D  ;D
Olivier

Wanderer

When one scrolls up from the bottom of a page with lots of images (e.g. the listening and buying threads), I noticed images are no longer loading instantaneously, in the seamless manner they used to; instead, they are loading as one goes along, resulting in very noticeable and annoying jolts and stutters, losing your position on the page. Can this be fixed or is it staying with us? 🤷

Harry

Quote from: Papy Oli on December 01, 2022, 07:32:48 AMPossibly: 

Forum Profile > Look & Layout > Show quick Moderation > change to Don't Show, instead of checkboxes or icons ??

Nope. I already had it on don't show, but it shows >:D
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Papy Oli

Quote from: Harry on December 01, 2022, 07:37:56 AMNope. I already had it on don't show, but it shows >:D

fair enough...I don't get any checkboxes at all and that was on "don't show". 
Olivier

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Spotted Horses on December 01, 2022, 06:08:03 AMActually, now that I look more carefully, it is inconsistent. Sometimes it opens with the top bar visible, other times not. Seems to "remember" that I scrolled up to it on a previous visit. I'm also using Safari (current version).
Hmm...strange!

And I haven't tried visiting GMG forum on an iPhone lately, but it sounds like (from others' comments here) that it isn't an available option for phones.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on December 01, 2022, 08:17:32 AMHmm...strange!

And I haven't tried visiting GMG forum on an iPhone lately, but it sounds like (from others' comments here) that it isn't an available option for phones.

PD

My experience is that the bar at the top is there on iPhone/Safari but it doesn't include the search field unless the phone is in landscape mode.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Pohjolas Daughter

Thanks.  I have such a hard time typing on (at least my) small iPhone keyboard--even doing short texts is a pain let alone look up anything on Safari.  :(

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Karl Henning

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on December 01, 2022, 08:24:12 AMThanks.  I have such a hard time typing on (at least my) small iPhone keyboard--even doing short texts is a pain let alone look up anything on Safari.  :(

PD
Have you tried using voice to text on your phone?
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 01, 2022, 08:29:03 AMHave you tried using voice to text on your phone?
No, I haven't used voice before.  Good suggestion!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Wanderer on December 01, 2022, 07:35:23 AMWhen one scrolls up from the bottom of a page with lots of images (e.g. the listening and buying threads), I noticed images are no longer loading instantaneously, in the seamless manner they used to; instead, they are loading as one goes along, resulting in very noticeable and annoying jolts and stutters, losing your position on the page. Can this be fixed or is it staying with us? 🤷

Not that it answers your question directly,  but I have my posts set to display as most recent first,  and as I scroll down the page the pictures are already loaded.  Doing it this way may seem annoying to maintain continuity,  but you soon grow used to it.

🤠

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Papy Oli on December 01, 2022, 07:34:13 AMor these are the ghosts of Moderated Past coming back to haunt you  ;D  ;D

No, I didn't think you could see that,  that's new. Anyway I have a row of icons that can be changed into a menu list,  wherein to do that stuff I do.  Thus it only applies to mods.

But if anyone has run across this option or if Rob notes this  comment (he will) maybe it's a control that he could simply activate.  😇

🤠🥸

Papy Oli

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on December 01, 2022, 08:54:17 AMNo, I didn't think you could see that,  that's new. Anyway I have a row of icons that can be changed into a menu list,  wherein to do that stuff I do.  Thus it only applies to mods.

But if anyone has run across this option or if Rob notes this  comment (he will) maybe it's a control that he could simply activate.  😇

🤠🥸

That moderation thingy is there but it doesn't change anything at my end anyway, whatever is selected...Not I wanted to moderate...  ;)

test
Olivier

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Papy Oli on December 01, 2022, 09:08:51 AMThat moderation thingy is there but it doesn't change anything at my end anyway, whatever is selected...Not I wanted to moderate...  ;)

test

"Who are you, sir, who ar't so wise in the ways of men?  Hmmmmm??"  :D

Yeah, that's what I meant, I don't know why you have controls to turn something on/off that you don't have. But I'm not a teen any longer, what can I know???   :D

8)

Madiel

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on December 01, 2022, 07:27:16 AMWell, that was my point, actually. I don't have any checkboxes either.

What I meant was, I don't have the boxes you're complaining about. "Box" versus "checkbox" confusion.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Madiel on December 01, 2022, 01:24:11 PMWhat I meant was, I don't have the boxes you're complaining about. "Box" versus "checkbox" confusion.

Do you mean that when you press the button to "Mark everything read", you don't get a box that comes up and says "Are you sure you want to do that?". I am highly desirous of turning that right off. That's all. Well, that and all the other similar actions which seem to require double verification.  :)

8)

Madiel

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on December 01, 2022, 01:33:24 PMDo you mean that when you press the button to "Mark everything read", you don't get a box that comes up and says "Are you sure you want to do that?". I am highly desirous of turning that right off. That's all. Well, that and all the other similar actions which seem to require double verification.  :)

8)

I had never tried marking everything as read. I just read them. Yes I do get a prompt when I do that.

Presumably as a moderator your list of unread posts grows a lot longer than mine.