Notifications Settings - I suggest everyone take a look

Started by Dungeon Master, November 24, 2022, 12:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dungeon Master

Hi all

We are all (including myself) learning about the new features of the forum software.

The Notifications section is one of the big revamps in this version. It is very comprehensive. I suggest everyone click on their Profile pic at the very top left of the page (see attachment) and configure their Notification settings. You can choose to be notified about almost any changes in the forum, with the option of just a forum Alert or and Email alert for any of them.

vandermolen

The Mysterious Case of the Missing Alerts!
I notice that sometimes I'm told, for example, that I have 5 alerts. However when I click on the first one, 3 of the 5 mysteriously disappear into cyber-space. No big deal but worth mentioning I thought. Am enjoying the new site however.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Brahmsian

Quote from: vandermolen on March 20, 2023, 02:32:21 AMThe Mysterious Case of the Missing Alerts!
I notice that sometimes I'm told, for example, that I have 5 alerts. However when I click on the first one, 3 of the 5 mysteriously disappear into cyber-space. No big deal but worth mentioning I thought. Am enjoying the new site however.

This would happen if you have multiple likes or replies within the same post/thread.

vandermolen

Quote from: OrchestralNut on March 20, 2023, 02:35:02 AMThis would happen if you have multiple likes or replies within the same post/thread.
OK thanks  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Karl Henning

Quote from: vandermolen on March 20, 2023, 05:22:11 AMOK thanks  :)
My workaround is to hit the All Alerts button, and view each singly.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

vandermolen

Quote from: Karl Henning on March 20, 2023, 06:01:16 AMMy workaround is to hit the All Alerts button, and view each singly.
Excellent plan Karl. Unlike me you are clearly a lateral thinker.  :)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on March 20, 2023, 06:45:04 AMExcellent plan Karl. Unlike me you are clearly a lateral thinker.  :)
A suggestion to all:  besides deleting old mail, you might want to occasionally go through and delete your alerts.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter