Returned yet again!

Started by USMC1960s, November 26, 2022, 11:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

USMC1960s

Originally joined around 2007 or 2008 but had trouble with my computer after a couple of years and had to start over again years later. I've learned a lot here and am still amazed at the breadth of knowledge of classical music here. But I suppose a sizeable percentage of the members are professional musicians. I've always wondered what appropriate percentage that is. Even after coming back on the forum, I took another break for no particular reason. But I'm obviously back again--and still learning.

Wanderer

USMC1960s

Papy Oli

Olivier

Karl Henning

Quote from: Dave B on November 26, 2022, 11:29:37 AMOriginally joined around 2007 or 2008 but had trouble with my computer after a couple of years and had to start over again years later. I've learned a lot here and am still amazed at the breadth of knowledge of classical music here. But I suppose a sizeable percentage of the members are professional musicians. I've always wondered what appropriate percentage that is. Even after coming back on the forum, I took another break for no particular reason. But I'm obviously back again--and still learning.
Welcome back!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Scion7

So welcome ... to the machine.
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."