New to this forum

Started by Mahlerbruck, January 23, 2023, 07:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahlerbruck

Hi, I mainly listen to Orchestral Classical music from roughly 1850 to 1950 with here and there outliers up and down. For the most part I listen to Symphonies. My greatest musical "Love" is Gustav Mahler, furthermore Anton Bruckner, Johannes Brahms, Richard Strauss etc. Unfortunately I have no musical education, can't even read music. But nevertheless I really enjoy the symphonies/music of, among others, the above mentioned composers. And I immerse myself in the music by reading books and participating in some "classical" Forums.
A symphony must be like the world. It must contain everything. (Gustav Mahler)

brewski

Hi Mahlerbruck, and welcome. I'm guessing from your name that you like two of my favorite composers, Mahler and Bruckner, and you'll find plenty of others here who admire them, too.

Have fun, and let us know what you're listening to.

-Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."
—Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998)

Karl Henning

Quote from: Mahlerbruck on January 23, 2023, 07:28:24 AMHi, I mainly listen to Orchestral Classical music from roughly 1850 to 1950 with here and there outliers up and down. For the most part I listen to Symphonies. My greatest musical "Love" is Gustav Mahler, furthermore Anton Bruckner, Johannes Brahms, Richard Strauss etc. Unfortunately I have no musical education, can't even read music. But nevertheless I really enjoy the symphonies/music of, among others, the above mentioned composers. And I immerse myself in the music by reading books and participating in some "classical" Forums.
Welcome!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Mapman

Welcome! I also enjoy orchestral music from that period. I'll look forward to reading more of your posts!

Lisztianwagner

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum! The composers you mentioned, especially Mahler, are among my favourites too. :)
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

vandermolen

Welcome from me too  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Papy Oli

Hello and Welcome!  :)
Olivier

pjme

Quote from: Mahlerbruck on January 23, 2023, 07:28:24 AMHi, I mainly listen to Orchestral Classical music from roughly 1850 to 1950 with here and there outliers up and down. For the most part I listen to Symphonies. My greatest musical "Love" is Gustav Mahler, furthermore Anton Bruckner, Johannes Brahms, Richard Strauss etc. Unfortunately I have no musical education, can't even read music. But nevertheless I really enjoy the symphonies/music of, among others, the above mentioned composers. And I immerse myself in the music by reading books and participating in some "classical" Forums.

Excellent! You'll find like-minded souls here. Zelfs uit de Lage landen.

relm1

Welcome, I'm a Mahler fan too. 

Pohjolas Daughter

Welcome Mahlerbruck!  Looking forward to reading your contributions.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

LKB

Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Que

Van harte welkom!  :)