Greetings!

Started by Baxcalibur, February 17, 2023, 04:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baxcalibur

Hi everyone.

I live in a dry part of Arizona, where I work full-time while going to school. As you can imagine, I have less time to listen to classical music than I would like. But that's okay!

I picked this username because I recently listened to the symphonies of Sir Arnold Bax, and also because I like Pokemon. So naturally, this name came to mind when I registered here.

It's nice to finally join the community, and I hope we have many good discussions together!

vandermolen

Welcome to the forum.
Great user name!
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Lisztianwagner

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum!  :)
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

Brahmsian

Welcome to GMG! Always great to have new members joining the community. 😎

brewski

Quote from: Baxcalibur on February 17, 2023, 04:04:53 PMHi everyone.

I live in a dry part of Arizona, where I work full-time while going to school. As you can imagine, I have less time to listen to classical music than I would like. But that's okay!

I picked this username because I recently listened to the symphonies of Sir Arnold Bax, and also because I like Pokemon. So naturally, this name came to mind when I registered here.

It's nice to finally join the community, and I hope we have many good discussions together!

Hello, Baxcalibur, and welcome. You could do a lot worse than listen to Sir Arnold Bax. (Can't weigh in on on Pokemon. ;D)

Have a good time here!

-Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."
—Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998)

Roasted Swan

Is there a wet part of Arizona!!??

Mapman

Quote from: Roasted Swan on February 18, 2023, 04:38:43 AMIs there a wet part of Arizona!!??

The bottom of the Grand Canyon?

Anyway, welcome Baxcalibur!

Karl Henning

Welcome!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot