Please welcome our new moderators

Started by Dungeon Master, March 01, 2023, 10:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

vandermolen

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on March 01, 2023, 12:09:30 PMWelcome to the new moderators and best wishes for their work! Also, many thanks to the departing moderators for all they've done on the forum. :)
And from me too. A big thank you to all concerned. Great choice of new moderators.

It must be a relief for the old moderators not to have to spend their days checking which GMG members had edited their posts without completing the 'WHY DID YOU JUST EDIT THAT POST?' box  ;D

Seriously, thanks and best wishes to all.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Brahmsian

Quote from: vandermolen on March 01, 2023, 11:43:15 PMIt must be a relief for the old moderators not to have to spend their days checking which GMG members had edited their posts without completing the 'WHY DID YOU JUST EDIT THAT POST?' box  ;D

Oh, I think that I have missed this memo? I did not realize we were suppose to leave a reason for a post edit.

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 01, 2023, 07:33:58 PMI couldn't imagine a better group of moderators (except perhaps the old moderators). :)
;D  ;D  ;D

Wow. Congratulations, New Supreme Overlords!
  You've got big shoes to fill!
It's all good...

brewski

Quote from: OrchestralNut on March 02, 2023, 02:43:08 AMOh, I think that I have missed this memo? I did not realize we were suppose to leave a reason for a post edit.

No, no, not necessary. I think it's an option with the new software, but not required in the least.

-Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."
—Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998)

Brahmsian

Quote from: brewski on March 02, 2023, 04:52:21 AMNo, no, not necessary. I think it's an option with the new software, but not required in the least.

-Bruce

Ok thanks Bruce.  I thought perhaps it was a feature/function that when used, eliminates some work for the moderators.

brewski

Quote from: OrchestralNut on March 02, 2023, 04:53:18 AMOk thanks Bruce.  I thought perhaps it was a feature/function that when used, eliminates some work for the moderators.

Oh no (but thanks for the consideration). IMHO, doing that would add a whole other level of bother to what is supposed to be a casual experience here!

-Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."
—Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998)

Karl Henning

Quote from: Florestan on March 01, 2023, 12:48:37 PMBy all means, Bruce, do! You can pick yourself the string on which to hang...  ;D  >:D





And the Firesign Theatre couplet:
"String 'im up!"
"Anybody got any string?!"
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

DavidW

Thanks all for the warm welcome!  Like Brian, I've been here for awhile.  I would like to say that I switched from CMG around 2001-2002.  You would have to ask Karl because it was so long ago that I forgot.

Everything about chamber music, solo piano and vocal music came from this forum.  Also most of the 20th century orchestral music also came from recs on this forum. 

What I have left behind in the past is my argumentative nature.  And I feel that I've mellowed and more empathy.  And I hope to bring that to the position.

vandermolen

Quote from: OrchestralNut on March 02, 2023, 02:43:08 AMOh, I think that I have missed this memo? I did not realize we were suppose to leave a reason for a post edit.
Sorry. I wasn't being serious although that feature did amuse me.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Spotted Horses

Quote from: DavidW on March 02, 2023, 08:44:51 AMThanks all for the warm welcome!  Like Brian, I've been here for awhile.  I would like to say that I switched from CMG around 2001-2002.  You would have to ask Karl because it was so long ago that I forgot.

Everything about chamber music, solo piano and vocal music came from this forum.  Also most of the 20th century orchestral music also came from recs on this forum. 

What I have left behind in the past is my argumentative nature.  And I feel that I've mellowed and more empathy.  And I hope to bring that to the position.

I assume you will abandon your habit of deleting your account every few months. :)
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

DavidW

Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 02, 2023, 10:15:36 AMI assume you will abandon your habit of deleting your account every few months. :)


Ha!

Dungeon Master

And after much discussions, we have added a 4th moderator!

Please join me in welcoming @ritter to the moderating team. A long-standing member held in high esteem by his peers, Ritter adds a more global presence to our team.

Thank you again to all the members who have agreed to moderate.

For all other members, please respect our moderators' decisions. We strive to act for the good of the community, even if it occasionally means an individual member or post may be aggrieved.

cheers, 
Rob

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

foxandpeng

"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

Que

A warm welcome to @Ritter! And thank you for taking on this responsibility. :D

Lisztianwagner

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

Florestan

Quote from: Dungeon Master on March 13, 2023, 06:29:57 PMPlease join me in welcoming ritter to the moderating team. A long-standing member held in high esteem by his peers, Ritter adds a more global presence to our team.

Wooopss... I'd better think twice before posting something derogatory about Wagner.  :-X @ritter

Quote from: Karl Henning on March 13, 2023, 07:09:48 PMThanks a million, @Dungeon Master @ritter @Mapman @DavidW & @Brian

+ 3
Melody is the essence of music. — Mozart

Elgarian Redux

This is excellent news. Thank you, all of you, for volunteering to do this essential job.That distant weird sound you can hear is me, cheering you on, standing on my seat and clapping.

Brahmsian

Welcome @ritter

🙂 Wishing you a smooth transition in your new role, and thank you.

Papy Oli

@ritter
Do we have to brace ourselves for a compulsory Boulez hour EVERY day for EVERY one...  :o  ???
:P


All the best to all four of you guys and thank you  :) 
Olivier