Bug Report 2023

Started by JBS, March 29, 2023, 06:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxandpeng

Quote from: JBS on June 22, 2023, 04:35:51 PMAs a contrast, with image inserted.
BTW it's what I use as the wallpaper/lock screen of my phone.img_1_1679883814341.jpg

Nice pic!
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

Papy Oli

Nothing major, just a weird one:

When I click on "Unread posts" then go and see the new post in the Purchases thread, if this new post happens to be the last #20 at the bottom of a page, the new post will appear as per attached, showing me a blank top on the next page. For instance, @vandermolen has just posted a Rachmaninov purchase at the bottom of page 1702 and I got the attached via Unread posts instead.

This has occurred to me a few times before but bizarrely only in the Purchases thread.

PS: not singling out Jeffrey on this one :D it has happened with other users' posts too.

Olivier

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Papy Oli on August 11, 2023, 09:11:13 AMNothing major, just a weird one:

When I click on "Unread posts" then go and see the new post in the Purchases thread, if this new post happens to be the last #20 at the bottom of a page, the new post will appear as per attached, showing me a blank top on the next page. For instance, @vandermolen has just posted a Rachmaninov purchase at the bottom of page 1702 and I got the attached via Unread posts instead.

This has occurred to me a few times before but bizarrely only in the Purchases thread.

PS: not singling out Jeffrey on this one :D it has happened with other users' posts too.

I just tried it and had the same result.  Wonder whether or not it might have something to do with the thread getting too long?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

vandermolen

Quote from: Papy Oli on August 11, 2023, 09:11:13 AMNothing major, just a weird one:

Sorry, but not too sure what to do Olivier.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Harry

Confirmed, I had this problem too. Purchase thread indeed!
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on August 11, 2023, 11:35:51 AMSorry, but not too sure what to do Olivier.
You just need to stop buying music Jeffrey!  :)  The gods and the forum (and perhaps your wife) are against you.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Papy Oli

Quote from: vandermolen on August 11, 2023, 11:35:51 AMSorry, but not too sure what to do Olivier.

It's not just your purchases Jeffrey  :laugh: maybe less craggy choices  :P
Olivier

DavidW

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on August 11, 2023, 10:02:08 AMI just tried it and had the same result.  Wonder whether or not it might have something to do with the thread getting too long?

PD

Well since the listening is much, much, much longer I don't think it is the length.  I've seen that odd bug from time to time.  When a poster posts it gets fixed as in this case when Florestan posted.  I don't really think it is anything to worry about imo. :)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on August 11, 2023, 01:28:11 PMYou just need to stop buying music Jeffrey!  :)  The gods and the forum (and perhaps your wife) are against you.

PD
@ vandermolen  Are you still throwing purchases through the window?  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on August 11, 2023, 03:33:29 PM@vandermolen  Are you still throwing purchases through the window?  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

krummholz

Not a bug, but until today I hadn't been able to reach the site since an internet outage several weeks ago - at least, not from home. My browser reported that it couldn't find the site. Apparently my ISP's routing tables were messed up. I first got back in today from work, and then now from home I'm once again able to reach the forum.

Weird how these things happen. Until I tried from work today on a whim, I had assumed that the site had closed down for some reason!

ritter

Quote from: krummholz on August 30, 2023, 04:39:35 PMNot a bug, but until today I hadn't been able to reach the site since an internet outage several weeks ago - at least, not from home. My browser reported that it couldn't find the site. Apparently my ISP's routing tables were messed up. I first got back in today from work, and then now from home I'm once again able to reach the forum.

Weird how these things happen. Until I tried from work today on a whim, I had assumed that the site had closed down for some reason!
Weird indeed. But good to have you back!

Papy Oli

I had a similar message yesterday afternoon as well but it only lasted a couple of minutes (UK, Opera browser, with cleared cookies/history)
Olivier

Brian

Welcome back! I remember having that same issue a few years ago - something to do with the cache, that my computer was assuming it would not be able to access the site, so it didn't even try.

Pohjolas Daughter

Interesting, I didn't know that caches could cause problems.

The only thing that I noted recently was that one day I was having problems posting; the computer was really slow to either post or go to certain threads for me.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

krummholz

Quote from: Brian on August 31, 2023, 07:23:22 AMWelcome back! I remember having that same issue a few years ago - something to do with the cache, that my computer was assuming it would not be able to access the site, so it didn't even try.

I didn't mention this, but I also tried nslookup on good-music-guide.com and got an error message, which means my ISP's DNS server couldn't resolve the address. That tells me it had to be something in their routing tables.

foxandpeng

"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

JBS

The site keeps having problems for me loading pages--intermittently slow or not at all, since late afternoon US East Coast time (say, for the last 4 or 5 hours).

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Symphonic Addict

Same here. Right now I'm experiencing some trouble to load pages.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Pohjolas Daughter

Same here.  Don't know what it's due to.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter