Bug Report 2023

Started by JBS, March 29, 2023, 06:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBS

1) Why can't I find the original Bug Report thread?
2) Who is in charge of re-pinning the WAYLT2 thread?

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

DavidW

2. I don't know how it became unpinned!  Any mod can pin or unpin a thread (but we try to work in consensus on pinning threads).  I just pinned it back because I think that must have been a mistake.

JBS

prémont

Quote from: DavidW on March 29, 2023, 06:13:49 PM2. I don't know how it became unpinned!  Any mod can pin or unpin a thread (but we try to work in consensus on pinning threads).  I just pinned it back because I think that must have been a mistake.

It also happened a few months ago, but Que pinned it back.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Brian

Especially on mobile, the moderator buttons are very close to other buttons. I've accidentally toggled moderating options just while scrolling down the page. We definitely appreciate the alert if we have accidentally moderated something  ;D

Brahmsian

Quote from: Brian on March 30, 2023, 06:03:19 AMEspecially on mobile, the moderator buttons are very close to other buttons. I've accidentally toggled moderating options just while scrolling down the page. We definitely appreciate the alert if we have accidentally moderated something  ;D

Yes, scrolling on the phone, I've nearly reported countless posts to moderators.  :D   It is right in my finger's natural swiping path.  8)

Harry

Not a bug, but the site was not to be reached for me most of the day. The server did give me a fault message.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: Harry on April 26, 2023, 07:02:02 AMNot a bug, but the site was not to be reached for me most of the day. The server did give me a fault message.
I had the same problem. Was the site under maintenance?
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

ritter

Apparently the problem was due to the board being momentarily oversaturated with British music, but it's all fixed now, and we can all continue discussing our favourite composers with no restrictions.  ;D

Franco_Manitobain

Quote from: ritter on April 26, 2023, 11:36:28 AMApparently the problem was due to the board being momentarily oversaturated with British music, but it's all fixed now, and we can all continue discussing our favourite composers with no restrictions.  ;D

;D

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: ritter on April 26, 2023, 11:36:28 AMApparently the problem was due to the board being momentarily oversaturated with British music, but it's all fixed now, and we can all continue discussing our favourite composers with no restrictions.  ;D
;D My goodness, how on earth could that have happened?!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Dungeon Master

Quote from: Harry on April 26, 2023, 07:02:02 AMNot a bug, but the site was not to be reached for me most of the day. The server did give me a fault message.
Apologies for GMG being down. Due to forces beyond my control. My entire hosting provider was down, first time in many years. They probably have a lot of very angry customers.

Roasted Swan

I prefer the words "elevated" and "enlightened" and "transfigured" rather than "over-saturated" with regards to British Music.......... ;)!!!!

foxandpeng

Quote from: Roasted Swan on April 27, 2023, 01:49:22 AMI prefer the words "elevated" and "enlightened" and "transfigured" rather than "over-saturated" with regards to British Music.......... ;)!!!!

I, of course, second these wise words...
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

vandermolen

I've put some Portuguese music on this morning (Freitas Branco) to help alleviate the problem  ;D
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Wanderer

ASIN pictures are still not visible and there are quite a number of old posts featuring them. Any developments on that front?

Pohjolas Daughter

I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Yesterday, I was trying to add an image to a post of Vaughan Williams and his favorite cat Foxy and somehow or another I added it in twice (initially, it didn't like the format of my picture, so I had to find another version of it).  I just clicked on it to modify it, but not certain what to delete and where I went wrong initially.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

JBS

@Pohjolas Daughter

Attach the file but don't insert it.  If you do insert it, it will appear in both the body and the attachment portion of the post. AFAIK there's no way to have the image in the post without the duplicate attachment below. You'd have to link an image outside GMG and not use attachments

JBS

As a contrast, with image inserted.
BTW it's what I use as the wallpaper/lock screen of my phone.img_1_1679883814341.jpg

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: JBS on June 22, 2023, 04:33:05 PM@Pohjolas Daughter

Attach the file but don't insert it.  If you do insert it, it will appear in both the body and the attachment portion of the post. AFAIK there's no way to have the image in the post without the duplicate attachment below. You'd have to link an image outside GMG and not use attachments
Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter