Returning member "hvbias"

Started by Atriod, May 07, 2023, 06:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atriod

I was hvbias but it looks like my screenname reverted back to staxomega which is what I registered with GMG a decade ago.

As for the deletion of my account within a span of a few days for posts entirely unrelated to a composer's music we were discussing someone decided to quote me about Schoenberg throwing in some as the yoots say shade, then in the Schoenberg composer thread for expressing some enthusiasm about Schoenberg's writings was once again "trolled" (maybe harsh but what it came across as). These posts quoting me look to be deleted so there is no point mentioned who.

After hearing of the young Menahem Pressler's death life is too short, best let bygones be bygones.

Aside from the usual terrible music I listen to that seems to have gathered some derision  ;D  my greatest discovery (well I'd known and loved Herreweghe's recordings of Schütz for a very long time, but those comprise of very few recordings) was Carus' Heinrich Schütz edition which I wrote about linked here

It's nice to be back, the site overhaul looks great.

DavidW

foxandpeng

Hello and welcome back too  :)
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

Papy Oli

Olivier

Franco_Manitobain

Lisztianwagner

Welcome back Atriod/hvbias! :)
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

Karl Henning

Quote from: Atriod on May 07, 2023, 06:08:03 AMI was hvbias but it looks like my screenname reverted back to staxomega which is what I registered with GMG a decade ago.

As for the deletion of my account within a span of a few days for posts entirely unrelated to a composer's music we were discussing someone decided to quote me about Schoenberg throwing in some as the yoots say shade, then in the Schoenberg composer thread for expressing some enthusiasm about Schoenberg's writings was once again "trolled" (maybe harsh but what it came across as). These posts quoting me look to be deleted so there is no point mentioned who.

After hearing of the young Menahem Pressler's death life is too short, best let bygones be bygones.

Aside from the usual terrible music I listen to that seems to have gathered some derision  ;D  my greatest discovery (well I'd known and loved Herreweghe's recordings of Schütz for a very long time, but those comprise of very few recordings) was Carus' Heinrich Schütz edition which I wrote about linked here

It's nice to be back, the site overhaul looks great.
Welcome back!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

JBS

Welcome back under any name you choose!

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

vandermolen

Welcome back to the Forum!  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Harry

Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

premont

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

vers la flamme

Welcome back, doc. I always appreciated your posts greatly and was sad when I saw you'd deleted your account.

Cato

Quote from: Atriod on May 07, 2023, 06:08:03 AMI was hvbias but it looks like my screenname reverted back to staxomega which is what I registered with GMG a decade ago.

Great to have another former member return!

Ignore those who disparage Schoenberg and crank up the volume on e.g. The Five Pieces for Orchestra!

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

vandermolen

Quote from: Cato on May 31, 2023, 08:28:43 AMGreat to have another former member return!

Ignore those who disparage Schoenberg and crank up the volume on e.g. The Five Pieces for Orchestra!

I like the 5 Pieces for Orchestra as well.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).