Hi there

Started by Beeper, June 06, 2023, 01:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beeper

just a quick hello...

i generally prefer chamber to orchestra...

Mapman

Welcome! What are some of your favorite chamber works?

DavidW

Welcome Beeper!  Many of us listen to chamber music, I hope you join us!

Papy Oli

Hello and Welcome ! :)
Olivier

Beeper

Quote from: Mapman on June 06, 2023, 01:18:24 PMWelcome! What are some of your favorite chamber works?

Thanks! Off the top of my head: the string quartets of Bacewicz, Shostakovich, Szymanowski and also Takemitsu such as "And Then I Knew 'Twas Wind" for flute, viola and harp. I'm also a big fan of solo piano; the likes of Debussy, Ravel and Scriabin.

How do I 'like' a post please?

Roasted Swan

Quote from: Beeper on June 07, 2023, 10:58:17 AMThanks! Off the top of my head: the string quartets of Bacewicz, Shostakovich, Szymanowski and also Takemitsu such as "And Then I Knew 'Twas Wind" for flute, viola and harp. I'm also a big fan of solo piano; the likes of Debussy, Ravel and Scriabin.

Literally click on the "thumbs up" icon at the end of any post and your "like" will be added to any previously done....

Beeper

Quote from: Roasted Swan on June 07, 2023, 11:13:32 AMLiterally click on the "thumbs up" icon at the end of any post and your "like" will be added to any previously done....

Oh ta! I thought that meant somebody had liked it. D'uh 🙄

vandermolen

Quote from: Beeper on June 07, 2023, 10:58:17 AMThanks! Off the top of my head: the string quartets of Bacewicz, Shostakovich, Szymanowski and also Takemitsu such as "And Then I Knew 'Twas Wind" for flute, viola and harp. I'm also a big fan of solo piano; the likes of Debussy, Ravel and Scriabin.

Welcome!

Try Vaughan Williams little known string quartets and Violin Sonata, Bax's Harp Quintet and Piano Quintet, Bloch's SQ No.1 and piano quintets and Myaskovsky's SQ No.13.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Scion7

Welcome. I hope you won't get the beep out of here!
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Beeper on June 07, 2023, 11:17:55 AMOh ta! I thought that meant somebody had liked it. D'uh 🙄
Welcome Beeper!  I hope that you enjoy your time on this forum and feel free to comment and ask questions; there are a number of knowledgeable posters here on different composers and types of music and recordings, etc. :) Looking forward to hearing your comments on recordings and what you like/don't like.  It's all good.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Holden

Welcome Beeper. There are a number of chamber music aficionados here who love to share their ideas so you are in good company.
Cheers

Holden

DavidW

Welcome @Rygar, what composers do you like listening to?

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Rygar on January 11, 2024, 04:39:46 AMHey, everybody! I just joined you! How's it going?
Welcome, Rygar!  I'd also love to hear as to which composers are some of your favorites.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

ando

Quote from: Beeper on June 06, 2023, 01:00:45 PMjust a quick hello...

i generally prefer chamber to orchestra...

me, too.

welcome!

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

steve ridgway

Quote from: Rygar on January 16, 2024, 05:00:12 AMI'm a connoisseur of old rock. I love to listen to Syd Barrett and Roger Waters.

Any classical so far?

DavidW

Quote from: Rygar on January 16, 2024, 05:00:12 AMI'm a connoisseur of old rock. I love to listen to Syd Barrett and Roger Waters.

You might want to check out https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/ if you haven't yet. 8)

steve ridgway

Quote from: DavidW on January 16, 2024, 05:12:46 AMYou might want to check out https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/ if you haven't yet. 8)

LOL can I stay? I like Ummagumma but I'm not sure it really counts ;) .

DavidW

Quote from: steve ridgway on January 16, 2024, 06:28:52 AMLOL can I stay? I like Ummagumma but I'm not sure it really counts ;) .

I like that album too, was just concerned that Rygar accidentally signed up for the wrong forum!