Back again

Started by Henk, July 16, 2023, 12:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Quote from: Que on July 18, 2023, 10:07:09 PM"Driemaal is scheepsrecht", Henk!  8)

Daar sluit ik me bij aan! :)
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Henk

Dank Harry voor je, bevestigende, bericht.
'It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.' (Krishnamurti)

Henk

I quit again.

This forum is in some respects asocial. I feel too much social pain which makes it almost impossible to participate.
It deforms me. In fact I tend not to listen anymore to classical music.

It's only for folks who want warm chatter, like if it's consumption, like if it's more of a market than a community although I believe it's natural behaviour too. The fact is that individuals, like me, can easily feel to be excluded. That exclusion is real, in some ways factual, of which many are, assumingly, aware. Then they must adapt, and regain standing, and I'm not gonna do that. I'm not gonna play that game.

Of course there are limits to a digital space. Of course not anybody can be likeminded, but I think we must prevent exclusionary, unreasonably, aggressive practices against individuals.
'It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.' (Krishnamurti)

Henk

I might try a bit longer.

I expressed my feelings, doubts and thoughts. Open communication.

Let me know what you think.

Iota

Quote from: Henk on November 08, 2023, 11:41:22 AMI might try a bit longer.

I do think social media can be insidious, and it can be great, just a question of which one outweighs the other for you I guess, but I do understand your ambivalence. FWIW I've found the posts of yours I've seen interesting and think it would be nice if you hung around, but obviously you should do what suits you. Good luck with it all. : )

Karl Henning

Be welcome, be at liberty. I'm glad to "see" you.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

DavidW

You're always welcome here.  If people disagree with you, that doesn't mean that they don't want to converse with you.  Please stay.

Henk

Thanks for the replies.

I should not condemn 'warm chatter' only because I had a bad experience, but 'social pain' made me feel and think that way.