Interesting, so far...

Started by ando, September 21, 2023, 01:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ando

Hey,

Ando here; a classical music - I won't say fanatic, but certainly lover; bookseller, writer, chronic underacheiver and mispeller (kindly bare with my typos), certainly not a hater but quietly opinionated dude. Among my favorite classical composers are C.P.E. Bach, Erik Satie, Joseph Haydn, W.A. Mozart, Sergei Prokofiev, Johannes Brahms, Ludwig van Beethoven, Claude Debussy, Duke Ellington (classical to me!) and innumerable performers.

This seems like a fairly laid back board with a knowledgable crowd. Hope to stay for a spell!  :)

Karl Henning

Quote from: ando on September 21, 2023, 01:24:43 PMHey,

Ando here; a classical music - I won't say fanatic, but certainly lover; bookseller, writer, chronic underacheiver and mispeller (kindly bare with my typos), certainly not a hater but quietly opinionated dude. Among my favorite classical composers are C.P.E. Bach, Erik Satie, Joseph Haydn, W.A. Mozart, Sergei Prokofiev, Johannes Brahms, Ludwig Beethoven, Claude Debussy, Duke Ellington (classical to me!) and innumerable performers.

This seems like a fairly laid back board with a knowledgable crowd. Hope to stay for a spell!  :)
Welcome, enjoy!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Papy Oli

Olivier

Pohjolas Daughter

Welcome to the forum Ando!  I hope that you enjoy it here.  Looking forward to reading your contributions.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

brewski

Hello, Ando, and welcome. Nice list of composers, and I like that you included Ellington.

Have fun, and let us know what you're listening to.

-Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."
—Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998)

Mapman

DavidW

Lisztianwagner

Welcome to the forum, nice to meet you!
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

ando