Aurion Overture (2000, rev. 2021)

Started by relm1, November 01, 2023, 08:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

relm1

This is an old one, one of my first.  An eight minute overture for orchestra in A-B-A structure with a splashy finish. 

https://clyp.it/jdzxz0le

krummholz

Like much of your work that you've posted, the sound world seems to me better suited to a film score than a traditional form - but I still liked it. And I very much appreciate your posting a complete finished work, as it allows the listener to grasp the structure of the piece as a whole, and this one is quite impressive if rather traditional (as you said, an ABA structure).

I assume the title Aurion is a reference to Game of Thrones? (I've never watched the series and am not at all familiar with the legendarium, but that's what a Google search turned up.)

relm1

Quote from: krummholz on December 22, 2023, 08:13:57 AMLike much of your work that you've posted, the sound world seems to me better suited to a film score than a traditional form - but I still liked it. And I very much appreciate your posting a complete finished work, as it allows the listener to grasp the structure of the piece as a whole, and this one is quite impressive if rather traditional (as you said, an ABA structure).

I assume the title Aurion is a reference to Game of Thrones? (I've never watched the series and am not at all familiar with the legendarium, but that's what a Google search turned up.)

Sorry for slow response, was on holiday.  Thanks for the listen!  No connection to Game of Thrones, I've not seen any of that.  Yes, there are definitely sci-fi tropes in this one.  The title is a play on Aurora and Orion.