All symphonies of Mozart

Started by W.A. Mozart, January 02, 2024, 07:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W.A. Mozart

The date of this Mozart's work is uncertain: according to some sources, he probably composed the piece in 1769 (when the composer was 13 years old), but according to other ones the correct date must be somewhere in the 1770, when Mozart was 14 years old.

Orchestra: Wiener Philarmoniker
Conductor: James Levine

Mozart -  K. 73/75a - Symphony No. 9 in C major (1769-1770):
00:00 I. Allegro, 4/4
03:15 II. Andante (in F major), 2/4
07:29 III. Menuetto, 3/4
10:44 IV. Molto allegro, 2/4

W.A. Mozart

Mozart probably composed this piece in 1770, when he was 14 years old.

Orchestra: London Philharmonic Orchestra
Conductor: Erich Leinsdorf

Mozart - K. 74 - Symphony No. 10 in G major (1770):
I. Allegro (00:00) - Andante (02:50)
II. Allegro (05:22)

Madiel

Quote from: W.A. Mozart on January 04, 2024, 06:40:05 AMThe purpose of this section is to post youtube videos...

However I suspect the purpose of this section is not to create YouTube libraries.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Madiel on May 08, 2024, 10:31:55 AMHowever I suspect the purpose of this section is not to create YouTube libraries.

How many videos do you have to post before it is a library?

The thread creates no inconvenience or difficulty for anyone, and I see no reason to object to it.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

DavidW

Even though we don't see newbies anymore, there is still something really cool about having all of Mozart's symphonies on a single thread. When I was in grad school I would drain my bank account and eat ramen just to hear these complete works, Haydn's string quartets etc.

Madiel

The original point that resonated with me is that GMG is a message board, not a blog.

YouTube itself has facilities to create channels and to make playlists. I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover Mozart symphony playlists over there. If you wonder why we don't see newbies, it's probably because they're over on YT finding that stuff.

And so it's not so much that the thread inconveniences other posters, but that other posters end up feeling like inconveniences to the thread.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

W.A. Mozart

Mozart probably composed this piece in 1770, when he was 14 years old.

Orchestra: Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Conductor: Erich Leinsdorf

Mozart -  K. 84/73q - Symphony No. 11 in D major (1770):
00:00 I. Allegro, 4/4
03:29 II. Andante, 3/8
06:05 III. Allegro, 2/4