Bug Report 2024

Started by Dungeon Master, January 27, 2024, 02:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Quote from: Dungeon Master on June 23, 2024, 12:31:59 AMHi Harry, and thanks for your investigative research.

I am aware that my website is on the UCEPROTECTL3 blacklist, and has been for over 10 years. But this is inconsequential. UCEPROTECTL3 is a listing that blocks not just individual websites, or even individual domains, but entire hosting services. My server is hosted by InMotionHosting, a large and respected hosting service. It is likely that they are also hosting some other server which is sending out SPAM emails, and for that reason the entire hosting service, with its thousands of innocent servers and domains, gets blacklisted by this one company by association. This is also true of many other hosting services, including some of the world's largest hosts such as GoDaddy.com. The people behind UCEPROTECTL3 demand money for a domain/server/host to be delisted. That is their business model.

As far as I know, Google do NOT use UCEPROTECTL3 blacklisting when assessing emails for SPAM. UCEPROTECTL3 are about the least important of the SPAM listing agencies. My server is not blacklisted by any other SPAM monitors.

Bottom line: UCEPROTECTL3 blacklisting is irrelevant.

What IS the case is that Google/Gmail recently (last 4 weeks) tightened up their authentication requirements for accepting emails. What has been acceptable for 2 decades is suddenly deemed as potential SPAM by Google and maybe Microsoft. My server (gasbag.net) satisfies all email authentication requirements. Some of the domains on my server, including good-music-guide.com are still in the process of getting the right credentials and authentication requirements sorted to have emails that are squeaky-clean by Google standards.

For those who don't understand any of this, GMG and my server do NOT send SPAM. All that is happening is that Google's spam filters have suddenly become a lot more stringent in its requirements.

I am working with my hosting service to get all the authentication requirements in order to comply with the new standards, already done at my server level, but still working on the individual domain level.

Rob

That may be true, but Google and Microsoft see this blacklisting and take measures accordingly.
But this said, I really appreciate all the effort you put into the security and are in the process to get everything in order. I was just curious why Google after a update suddenly decided GMG unsafe. Bollocks of course, but enormously irritating, for moving all the emails from my Spam folder annoys me no end, although I still get the emails from GMG, instead of Google blocking them completely.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

prémont

Quote from: prémont on June 19, 2024, 02:03:42 PMI have a private domain mail to which messages from GMG come, so in that way a possible problem with Google is eliminated.

Or I thought so. Just today I changed my domain mailboxes to Microsoft's new mail system, and all notifications from GMG end in the "unwanted post" map.  :(
Any so-called free choice is only a choice between the available options.

Harry

Quote from: prémont on June 27, 2024, 06:36:52 AMOr I thought so. Just today I changed my domain mailboxes to Microsoft's new mail system, and all notifications from GMG end in the "unwanted post" map.  :(

I was actually waiting, to hear about this,concerning this problem., Several of my friends are afflicted in the same way. Microsoft and Google are tightening up their rules. Because GMG is blacklisted for a reason... Rob needs to get this site from the blacklist, and I hope he can, for I am fishing the whole day long messages from my spam box. So far GMG is the only site in my contact list that has this problem, but no doubt others will follow.

Karl Henning

Maybe this is just an old problem come back from the dead, but the Search function is dysfunctional. Not a high priority, of course.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Harry

Apart from the fact that all mails land in my spam, I noticed that some alerts from divers topics are not even landing in my spam map. In fact I see the alert, but it does not appear in any map. It's getting more and more absurd!

Harry

So another major catastrophy, I do not get email alerts from GMG anymore, it's getting out of hand  me thinks.

Harry

well apart from Premont I seemed to be the only one suffering from getting any emails from GMG. I have to devise a way around this. I am a long standing member on this forum, and in that time I never experienced this before. O, well times are changing.

Florestan

Quote from: Harry on July 05, 2024, 09:29:11 AMI seemed to be the only one suffering from getting any emails from GMG.

I never used that feature. I am always online.  ;D
When I'm creating at the piano, I tend to feel happy; but - the eternal dilemma - how can we be happy amid the unhappiness of others? I'd do everything I could to give everyone a moment of happiness. That's what's at the heart of my music. — Nino Rota

DavidW

Quote from: Harry on July 05, 2024, 09:29:11 AMwell apart from Premont I seemed to be the only one suffering from getting any emails from GMG. I have to devise a way around this. I am a long standing member on this forum, and in that time I never experienced this before. O, well times are changing.

Many of us log in and check the unread topics, notifications, messages, etc.  Even I, a moderator, don't rely on email notifications.  But certainly, we should be able to, if that is how we operate.  I hope that you find some resolution, Harry.

Florestan

Quote from: DavidW on July 05, 2024, 12:10:08 PMMany of us log in

I never log out voluntarily. It happens only if the internet connection or the power is out.
When I'm creating at the piano, I tend to feel happy; but - the eternal dilemma - how can we be happy amid the unhappiness of others? I'd do everything I could to give everyone a moment of happiness. That's what's at the heart of my music. — Nino Rota