Bug Report 2024

Started by Dungeon Master, January 27, 2024, 02:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve ridgway

Karl Henning

Here's something bizarre: I've read some posts which appear when I read the forum on my phone, but they don't appear in the form as I read it on my laptop.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Dungeon Master

Quote from: Karl Henning on April 26, 2024, 02:19:21 PMHere's something bizarre: I've read some posts which appear when I read the forum on my phone, but they don't appear in the form as I read it on my laptop.
Can you post an example?

Karl Henning

I was perhaps mistaken, because I've found both of the posts I was thinking of. Sorry, and thanks, @Dungeon Master 
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Quote from: Karl Henning on April 26, 2024, 02:54:05 PMI was perhaps mistaken, because I've found both of the posts I was thinking of. Sorry, and thanks, @Dungeon Master
The posts are in the Mozart and Favorite Tchaikovsky Symphony threads. I read them, thought "I'd like to reply to that one," maybe I just searched poorly for them at first, on my laptop. These days, though, I don't absolutely rule out garden-variety confusion on my part.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Atriod

I got a message from Bachtoven on another board saying he is getting this error message when trying to register an account on GMG: "ERROR for site owner: Invalid key type"

Florestan

Quote from: Atriod on Today at 06:34:16 AMI got a message from Bachtoven on another board saying he is getting this error message when trying to register an account on GMG: "ERROR for site owner: Invalid key type"

That's his punishment for so much getting-on-getting-off-GMG...  ;D
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Harry

Quote from: Atriod on Today at 06:34:16 AMI got a message from Bachtoven on another board saying he is getting this error message when trying to register an account on GMG: "ERROR for site owner: Invalid key type"

Well, he had several accounts here, and deleted them as frequently as he made them. But I would say, keep on trying, and if the Gods are agreeing he will find himself on GMG again, and as quickly deletes his account....no? ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

DavidW

Quote from: Florestan on Today at 06:39:37 AMThat's his punishment for so much getting-on-getting-off-GMG...  ;D

You've taught me the importance of hyphenation!  Will-he-won't-he? ;D

Florestan

Quote from: DavidW on Today at 07:22:28 AMYou've taught me the importance of hyphenation!  Will-he-won't-he? ;D

:D
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

DavidW

If he creates an account, one of us will approve him for sure.

It does seem like Rob problem however... but I would say in the meantime, Bachtoven should try clearing his cache or try another browser.

Atriod

Quote from: Harry on Today at 06:56:53 AMWell, he had several accounts here, and deleted them as frequently as he made them. But I would say, keep on trying, and if the Gods are agreeing he will find himself on GMG again, and as quickly deletes his account....no? ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Yes he has given me his reasons in PM conversations, I've communicated with him for years. Regardless he would like an account again and it appears to be a general bug as when I tried logging out and creating an account I got the same error.

Florestan

Quote from: Atriod on Today at 07:25:58 AMhe would like an account again and it appears to be a general bug as when I tried logging out and creating an account I got the same error

All jokes aside, this is really annoying and I hope it gets sorted out asap.

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Atriod on Today at 07:25:58 AMit appears to be a general bug as when I tried logging out and creating an account I got the same error.

Important information, this problem would prevent GMG from getting any new members, and people who are blocked from joining have no way to repair the problem (unless they have an acquaintance on GMG).
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Florestan

Quote from: Spotted Horses on Today at 07:36:34 AMImportant information, this problem would prevent GMG from getting any new members, and people who are blocked from joining have no way to repair the problem (unless they have an acquaintance on GMG).

Indeed. A major bug, it seems.

Atriod

It is the second Captcha that he has been having issues with, the "I'm not a robot." I have verified it as well:

Karl Henning

Quote from: DavidW on Today at 07:22:28 AMYou've taught me the importance of hyphenation!  Will-he-won't-he? ;D

(* chortle *)

Yes, here's to a swift resolution of the issue, I am always glad to welcome Bachtoven back (Bach?)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA