The cannon video thread

Started by greg, August 24, 2007, 10:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Here we post 2 or more of the same videos and play one after the other in cannon, and experiment. Any other ideas are also welcome.

Bartok- Concerto for Orchestra- II (Boulez)
http://www.youtube.com/v/j3hSDYFLCr8
http://www.youtube.com/v/j3hSDYFLCr8

greg

what i did was start the 2nd video on the part where the snare drum enters right when the on the other video the bassoon enters.
well........ there are some great and some awful moments throughout  ;D

i also have another idea- play two performances of the same work at the same time.

greg

i see this thread hasn't turned out to be a smashing success  :)

Szykneij

Quote from: greg on August 26, 2007, 09:41:06 AM
i see this thread hasn't turned out to be a smashing success  :)

A common symptom of extra-n-itis.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

dtwilbanks

Yes, one too many "n's".

Should be "canno." ;)

BachQ

I love artillery-themed threads.

Ergo, I love this thread.

Bonehelm

U need a good internet connection to be able to play more than a 3 voice fugue...

greg

it's best to just wait for one to load up fully, pause, wait for the next, etc. if possible

BachQ

Quote from: greg on October 26, 2007, 06:21:50 AM
it's best to just wait for one to load up fully, pause, wait for the next, etc. if possible

explain

greg

just push the play button, pause it right away and watch the gray bar fill up. Do that too each of them, start them one at a time and it should work.

BachQ

Quote from: greg on October 26, 2007, 06:48:09 AM
just push the play button, pause it right away and watch the gray bar fill up. Do that too each of them, start them one at a time and it should work.

So you're insisting that we approach this thread in an orderly and systematic fashion?

greg

Quote from: D Minor on October 26, 2007, 06:51:25 AM
So you're insisting that we approach this thread in an orderly and systematic fashion?

yes. Or I'll kill you.  :)

greg

that's what i used to kill all of my partners

m_gigena

Quote from: greg on October 26, 2007, 07:14:53 AM
that's what i used to kill all of my partners

That's because you are old-fashioned. I'm about to kill all my friends with this

(I want to get rid of some bad guys, actually. The loss of my friends is just a collateral).

greg

just looking at the book nearly killed me...... i have to admit, your ways are cheaper and easier, you've got something there